Wellington City Lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Backlashed, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Anybody fish Wellington for Flathead? I've fished it many times for Wipers, and Crappie, but never for Flats. I saw a good size Flat steal a crappie off of my stringer a couple of years ago while fishing the old dam, so I know there are some good ones in there. The KDWP report says fish the flats, but I'm not sure where their talking about.
    Any suggestions on where to start?

2. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Ray they might be talking about the upper north end but not for sure. There is alot of cover up that way. You can access some of the area on the last road that turns east, I do believe it says an archery clubs name pointing in that direction.:0a26:

3. Midwest Drifter

Midwest Drifter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ray Went over & fished the south west corner of thr old dam Sunday night. 9pm to 7am caught 2 flats that went about 3 lbs each 1 chanell at 6lbs, Useing live, hand size perch. Kind of slow, wind was blowing pretty good out of northeast.

4. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Thanks Stan. Thats just about the spot where a big Flathead stole a Crappie off of my stringer. I know there in there, I just gotta get of my lazy butt, and fish for them. I've caught several descent Wipers, and Walleye there, but I've never Catfished it on purpose. Do you fish it very often? We always had better luck on the new side, so I don't know to much about the old side.

5. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

State:
    Alma Kansas
    We caught a 12lb channel by the feeder right by the old dam on the west side bank fishing.

6. Midwest Drifter

State:
    Kansas
    Yes you could say that;s my main mud hole, this year anyway. The way gas is I limit myself to wellington lake. Still about 20 miles one way. As weather permits & work I try to get over there at least once a week. This year I havent caught anything with much size. On the new side, southwest corner, I;ll tye up to the trees, an cast west, big drop off, always good for two or three good channel cat. The wipers are starting to get some good size, a lot of fun on lighter gear.

7. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    I've caught a couple of wipers that were getting close to the 10# mark in that same general area. They are a blast to catch.
    We haven't been there much this year. We put the boat in a slip at El Dorado to save some gas money, but it really limited the choices, and didn't save us any money anyway. I Don't think we'll do that again.

8. catfishfever1

catfishfever1 New Member

State:
    kansas
    i am from winfield i fish wellington alot i won the last tourny over there with a 3.8 pound flat i have never caught flats bigger than that. i fish the old lake we catch alot of big channel.

9. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Welcome to the BOC Justin. I have family that live there in Winfield. Do you happen to know Patrick or Darrel Fromm?

10. catfishfever1

catfishfever1 New Member

State:
    kansas
    oh ya i no them real well went to school with bioth of them played football with d. i have been fishing with them on the river behind their [parents house a bunch

11. catfishfever1

catfishfever1 New Member

State:
    kansas
    i have been fishing with u down at the dam with patrick

12. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Welcome to the BOC catfishfever1..

I have fished your lake down there once when I was in town on Bis.

The company I work for has a mill down there.

One of the oldest memebers on the BOC here in Kansas has the name Catfish Fever,it's going to be hard to keep you guys a part.

13. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    maybe he can get it changed to catfishfeverJr :smile2:

14. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Something need's to change...There's only one catfish fever or might I say there's only room for one catfish fever:smile2::smile2:

15. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i think after he's around a while he will DEMAND a name change !! :smile2:

16. Midwest Drifter

State:
    Kansas
    One of the oldest memebers on the BOC here in Kansas has the name Catfish Fever,it's going to be hard to keep you guys a part.[/QUOTE]

How old is ole catfishfever?:0a20:

17. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    he's so old he used to fish with Jesus !! :smile2::smile2:

18. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    And he can pop a top at 7am in the morning...:tounge_out:

So he aint only old,but he's Damm mean to boot:smile2::smile2:

Just call him in the AM and you will find out..# 785-911-sleep

19. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Further evidence of a lifetime of cereal malt beverage consumption, Tom.

20. Midwest Drifter

State:
    Kansas
    dose he have an ole man boat?:smile2: