well...

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Sasquatch_24, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Sasquatch_24

Sasquatch_24 New Member

State:
    Colorado
    ive been having some troubles lately targetting the channel cats. i was told by some members to throw some cutbait. i chunked up a BUNCH of carp meat and im planning on using that on some big octopus style hooks. i also wanted to throw some gills. any suggestions on either bait???

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    sounds like you have a good plan. If there is little to no current where you are fishing you may need to add a small float to your rig to get the bait off of the ground.

3. Sasquatch_24

Sasquatch_24 New Member

State:
    Colorado
    how should i rig the gills?

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Going for channel catfish? Daytime, bank?

I would try the fresh cut carp first. Rig it in a normal carolina rig terminal setup, no-roll sinker, and find the best spot you can if fishing from the bank. Bank bound, look for any possible tributaries providing a temperature gradient to the main stream or obvious structure.

Good Luck!

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    If you want to have some fun get some secret 7 dip bait from Jeff with Team Catfish. Blues and channels will absolutely hammer this bait.

6. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i'd say you have the right baait, now get out there and use it! i fish carp the way paul advised, carolina rigged. in rivers, at the mouths of feeder creeks or right above a snag. in a lake, around cover or a sharp drop off. on the gills, i would use 3-5 inchers and hook them through the skin behind the dorsal fin, leaving pleanty of hook point exposed. good luck to you bud!

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Only thing I can add is that multiple baits when channel cat fishin is almost a must. Once ya find what they settle on let the festivities begin.:wink: