Well we are Getting it !!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Drawout, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Finally we are getting some well needed rain,in my area we have got over 4 inches and i am very happy.

2. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    :big_smile: Here, too, in NE Oklahoma! Maybe an inch yesterday and it looks like we may get 2 more inches today!

YAY!! and praise the Lord, too!

Oops ~ just realized this is the Tx thread! Hope y'all don't mind. If you want you can remind me about the Texas has a new zoo joke... about how y'all put a big ole fence around Oklahoma ;)

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Drawout it's been raining here in So. Illinois since last night, somtimes real heavy. I live on the second highest point in Il. and I hope to survive.Good Fishing:smile2:

4. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I wish I could share the wealth!!! Its rained here in Nebraska the last 7 weekends in a row, i think. At least it seems like it. We got hardly no rain all summer, and then in August we got 11 inches in 18 days. WHEW! I know the fish and the farmers were glad to see it, but I do wish it could have been spread out a little more.

Kenny

5. txkatfish

txkatfish New Member

State:
    Holliday, Texas
    We got over 6" here in wichita falls/holliday area. sure is nice! The lakes will be looking around here, they were getting pretty low.

6. matt_k_a

matt_k_a New Member

State:
    texas
    got at least two here in the south dallas county area

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Johnny I am glad you all are getting some rain. I have family living in houston and corpus and they said it is flooding there. May be you will get enough to help the lakes pool up for the winter and the spring spawn won't suffer.

BTW Johnny every time you run down the by pass in paris think about me. I hauled the first load of asphalt when the started paving that road. Man that was a long time ago.:lol:

8. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    From Sat. to this morning we got about 2.5 inches here. Doesn't sound like a lot, but its a lot more than we have been getting!

9. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Willard which bypass is it ? That cool that you hauled the first load. Yes the 4.5 inches we got will definately help we were thinking that we were gonna have to bank fish this winter,but now i think we will be ok.As long as we get an occasional shower to help us out.

10. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Johnny the first one that was started was coming off I want to think 82 like you were coming from bonhom <Spelling anyway you went to the east ans there was a big ole truck stop there not to far away from 82.

Is that old airplane air port still there. It has been so long since I was out in that country It is hard for me to remember it to well. Lord Johnny we are talking here back in the early seventies.

11. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Willard i know where your talking bout now and BTW the only airport i know of is in reno a few miles outside of town.