Well Update to the feud, the Little guy did it again, this time for real

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Kojak, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well It was about 4AM this morning when I went into my sons room to wake up the sleeping little angel, any of you ever try to wake a teenager...it aint easy. Anyway we load up the boat and my father in law then head to the lake. The morning started nicely with a few jokes and cold pizza...ahh the life. We get to the fist fishing spot we usually hit with no luck, so we pull up the anchors and away we go. Within minutes of hitting honey hole #2, I dont even have the anchor set yet, the little guy hooks a very nice fish. We never got to see that one, his line broke. After re-rigging and a quick adjustment of the drag he was back in the water, and guess what.....He did land that one and it was just over 4#. The morning went by slowly...for me anyway, with my kid and my father in law landing fish after fish all in the 3-5# range. The day ended when my father in law caught a channel the weighed in at 8# and some change. We argued over the type of fish it was cause it was dark blue and to me looked like the male channel that we all discussed in another post. Oh well thats the story of the day. Did anyone catch that I didnt mention me catching one fish........I did catch a few small bullheads but nothing worth keeping. All in all a nice day. The total number of fish caught was 12 all really nice ones...The kid is still winning.:roll_eyes:
    my

2. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Sounds like someone is getting skunked, ya might have to disconnect the internet at nights because he might coming to the BOC and getting hints/tips. :smile2:Thanks for the follow up.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jerred sounds like he is takeing you to school each trip. Buy him some Berkley Big Game line in 25-30# test. He will then be prepared to give you the big lesson. Keep us updated. This is interesting.:smile2:

4. bonapetit2

bonapetit2 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Jerred,
    Great story, even though you didn't catch any fish :wink:
    I sometimes enjoy watching people I take out just as much as catching myself...especially when it's one of my own.

Good luck next time out

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Still pullin for the"kid" (by the way did I miss his name?) LOL, Cold pizza, what a better way to start the day!!!! :big_smile:

6. Bigdan99

Bigdan99 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    this sounds like a good type of friendly competition to me. Keep us all posted on how it turns out. My three year old wants to go fishing in the morning. Going to try to catch sunfish with him. its a shame my boat ain't running where I may have a little competition with him. Isn't to many place where I could catch a good mess.

7. Duckpoor

Duckpoor New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jerred,
    Sounds like things are Just the way they are suppost to be.

I am done with those day as mine are grown, but I still remember both of them giving me the rasberrys about them being better fishermen than me..
    One of my favorites was the younger lil guy offered to bait my hook for me so I could catch one.. And the older lil guy wanted to learn to run the boat so I could fish and catch a few.. "Its really fun ,Dad.."

Thought I was gonna hurt my face grinning.

Now they take me to the Lake..
    Its a great plan.. stick to it.

R Green

Duckpoor

8. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well his birthday is coming up in a few weeks. I think I am going to get him a nice baitcast to start with, let him birdnest it a couple times. His name is Dillon, but dont tell him I told ya, he hates people on the net knowing his real name lol. Guess we taught him good. And as far as having fun not catching fish, I had just as much fun watching him fight the big ones on 10# test line and a Zebco, and was just as happy running the net end of things.:wink:

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Tell the young man congrads on the skunking the ol man. Have you been taking any lessons from him?:roll_eyes:

10. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Oh yes.. give him a baitcast.. that will teach him.

Me? I still can't use one. I tried it once and it bird nested on me... next thing i know... I no longer had a baitcast. :smile2:

Someday... maybe I will learn it. But for now.. nut uh. Too much headache for me.

11. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Sounds like your just being the guide on your trips.

12. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    just find the loops in the nest and pull em out, its easy. casting a baitcaster is all in the thumb. what causes the tangle is setting your spool too loose..you have to find the happy medium.

13. fishingbuddie

fishingbuddie New Member

State:
    georgia

it never seems to fail no matter where you are on a boat or the bank you can bank on the kids getting more fish than you . my son jamie loves to fish the first 30 mins he lands atleast 4 fish bass, trout what ever he has never been catfishing yet, but then he is done i sit there all day and maybe land one to 2 if i am lucky