Well, this was a first for me

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SeedTick, May 6, 2006.

1. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Well, I done something this week that I have never done before. I got to meet and fish with one of our brethren, TopSgtLawrence. It is hard to explain but it wasn't like meeting someone for the first time it was like we had known each other our whole lives. We had a great time and we didn't catch a single cat although we did catch some scale fish while trying for skipjack. I've read of similar experiences that ya'll have posted and I didn't quite get it but now I do. Me and my new fishing buddy are planning on doing a lot more fishing. Top sir, it was an honor. I'm looking forward to the next trip.

ST

Attached Files:

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    That's awesome, I met my first BOC brother a few weeks ago (Big Country) and like you said it didn't feel like meeting someone for the first time. I can't wait to fish with more people off of here. Looks like I'm gonna get to fish with Mike (Cyclops01) in the near future.

Zakk

3. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    That's great Seed. I plan on shaking the guys hand myself at the gathering if I don't see him before that. Plus I'll be shaking a lot of other hands too I'm sure. Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves and each others company.

4. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    If you guys get a chance look ole Top up and wet a line with him. You'll be glad you did.

ST

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Seedtick it is great that you got to experience that. Fishing with a BOC brother is one of the great enjoyments I get. There are none other like us.

6. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    thats too cool !!!!!! i bet you guys had a great time.
    that was a nice looking lake ? in the pic . what lake was that ??
    or was it a river?

hadnt seen top in a cowboy hat in his pictures so he would have been
    hard to spot with that on .:lol:

7. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    sounds like a great time. Nothing like good friends and some fishing.

8. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I know that feeling brother, I have finally met some of the brothers and their families at our Texoma gathering and it was like I have known them all my life. They are just a great bunch of people that enjoy what we all enjoy the most (FISHING) !!!
    Hope we can meet someday also, Arkansas isn't that far away from here.

9. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Although, We did not catch any cats, I really had fun. It is always great to meet a brother after reading his post. I have met several brothers from the B.O.C. and have enjoyed their company. If you should get a chance to fish with a fellow B.O.C. brother, do it.

10. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    HeyDarryl, That was at the hot water discharge of Nuke 1. We were on the up side of the dam at Dardnelle on the Arkansas River so I would think that what you could see is Lake Dardnelle? Some of the other brothers will have to answer for sure.

Top looked good in his hat and he has been nice enough not to say anything about my goofy looking hat. I carry an extra hat just in case pictures are involved.:embarassed:

ST