Well THAT was fun

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by lord_zainan, May 10, 2006.

1. lord_zainan

lord_zainan New Member

It has been raining here all day in Southern Illinois and my trip out to the lake was postponed. Around seven pm, I got tired of it, decided that getting wet hasn't killed me yet, so I went out for my first ever night fishing excursion. I get down to the dam, park, grab my stuff, and walk about an eighth of a mile out on the subimpoundment, get the line in the water, put the jingle-bell and glow-stick on my pole, and despite the sprinkling rain, I am happy. About five minutes later, I hear some rocks shifting about 200 feet or so down the subimpoundment. I figure it is probably a raccoon. A lot of the fishermen here catch a gar or drum and they toss it up on the bank in the rocks instead of throwing them back in. Then I hear a lot of rocks getting bumped around. I know I am the only one out here, and it's to much noise for coons, so I swing my spotlight over that direction and there are seven or eight coyotes out there with me! I grab my tackle box, in one hand and as I'm reaching for my pole getting ready to run like there is no tomorrow, my jingle bell sounds off. I grab the pole and start running with it figuring whatever is on the other end can fend for itself. To make this long story short, I get back to the parking area and have bounced a 2 pound channel along the whole way behind me. Good news for me, I didn't get eaten. Bad news for the cat, he will tomorrow. (Yes, I know coyotes don't normally attack humans, but why take chances?)
  2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

Normal, IL
    Sounds like some sort of new extreme catfishfishing. He should taste a little bit better that way.

3. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

What a great story!! I would love to have seen you running along dragging "god knows what" behind you!!Ha!:lol: And I agree...coyotes are not supposed to attack, but....? Thanks for sharing. I hope your next trip involves more fishing, & less running!! Take care.
  4. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

We have a few coyotes left in our area. We're getting so populated though there taking all the land away. I am very rational(or you could call it CRAZY)person when it comes to animals. I will try anything when it comes to animals if I know its relatively safe. We once had a coyote calling just before dusk about 1/4 to 1/2 mile behind our house. I slowly crept my way out to its call and got within about 100 feet before it spotted me. It took off running after that. That was like 5-6 years ago though. Now just like 3 months ago I almost hit one going 55 on my way home form a friends house. Luckly it stayed on the side of the road just long enough. I saw it run across right after I passed by.

While snorkling in the ocean(Hawaii) I touched 2 eels who afterwards had a bad tempers. One chased me a short distance in the water. I believe one was a snowflake morey the other a clown morey. Both had huge teeth and a mean disposition.

Ive been noodling and caught several carp, 1 catfish, and a turtle. Been bite by both catfish and turtles.

Ive probably caught and/or owned 300 snakes,probably 30 different species. 100 or so turtles, maybe 15 species. If i had the means to take care of one, id have a caimen as a pet, but I wouldnt have a place to put it during the winter.

I actually get calls from people on my street to come remove mainly snakes but other animals as well from peoples yards, cause everyone knows ill do it :big_smile: .
  5. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

Salem, WV.
    My friend and I were fishing this smal stocked lake on Ft. Hood Tx one night when this raccoon came up and started geting in the minnow bucket after a while it came back and started messing with the stringer and later it came back as my friend was reeling un a channel cat, the con grabed the fish while it was still on the line and it was a great fight for a while . I threw a couple of ble gil we were using for bait aqnd the coon took that instead. SEE YOU ON THE FISHBANK SOMETIME
  6. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

Bedford, Kentucky
    Alex, it sounds like it is time to get yourself a nice little handgun. I dont care much for coyotes and if I see one I usually try to kill it. We are overrun with them here in KY and they aren't even a native species. Vern
  7. TA2D

TA2D New Member

That is why I am gonna start carrying a pistol with me when I go night fishing! We have plenty of coyotes here, but the big cat sightings have gone way up, thats the last thing I want to deal with is a pissed of cougar. They can and will attack and kill humans!

8. TNcat

TNcat New Member

Great story.....glad that you made it out all right.. and welcome to the BOC!!!!
  9. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

Yeah so do i,in my experience them buggers are mean.I was deer hunting once and had one chase me up a tree,after i got up there i thought to myself what the crap am i running for i have a rifle in my hand duh!Well i found out why he was so upset while i was in the tree i looked up and a racoon was on a limb just a few feet above my head looking down at me.Im guessing the coyote thought i was trying to steal breakfast.