Well since I have 3 boats....

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by bellymeat, May 24, 2008.

1. bellymeat

bellymeat New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    with only 1 working (thats my salt water boat in Charleston) I'm going to hit the rediversion canal tomorrow. A guy this past week told me he had caught 5 over 20 lbs last week... So I'll let you know on Monday what happened.

be safe...
    Ron

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great spot. Let us know how it goes.

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I hope you get on them Ron.

4. bellymeat

bellymeat New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    between my major client having MAJOR problems and fishing, neither one has gone well. Hit the rediversion canal with live bream, sonnys stink bait and crickets to catch more bream. Had a few hits in the first hour, then bam had a nice one on my sonnys rod. Didn't set the hook so bye bye....

THEN casting back out I broke the rod. Cracked slam in two. Had my abu 6500 on that rod, so I had to take my bream rod, with 8 lb test and convert it to my stink bait rod.

About 15 minutes later something screams with my sonnys rod. Tried to set the hook but that rod is so limber unless the catfish swallowed it, it just wasn't going to happen.

SO I rebait, still not a whole lot of action on the live bream, I chunked out the sonnys pole again and let it sit. It wasn't very long (maybe 5 minutes) another hit. I said to myself just let him take it...... well he took it for about a minute then I picked up the rod and tried to set the hook. WHAM. I had em...

I let him run around a while to wear him out...

Thought everything was fine.... He comes up (about 10 lbs) and just sits there. Well since I don't have my net with me, I decide to get him up to the first level and I'll go down and get him. Not to be, time he saw me he started up again and popped my line.

So... to make a long story longer... I didn't catch anything. Had a lot of hits and didn't catch nothing... Plus broke one of my best rods.

Maybe next time.... I WILL CARRY A NET! and a couple of more rods!

Ron

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well Ron at least you got to go fishing.:big_smile:

6. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Guess the saying is true...
    "Somedays you are the Pidgeon and somedays you are the Stool"