well my spots is gone.

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by flathunter, Aug 11, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was taking a walk today along the river and noticed a dnr boat on the water in one of my holes....They were pulling up illegal hoopnets, that some one had reported...no tellinh how long this has been going on, and how many fish have been taken..this makes me so sick I fell like just giving up at least for the year.:sad2:...Might as well join the paylakers as I am sure that is where all the fish have gone.

2. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Boy that sucks hope they catch who was doing it.

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well look at the good side. they got em out.:wink:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thank goodness, they found the nets. I hope your hole is not ruined

5. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    if the dnr realy wants to catch theses people , why dont they put some of those game camars up and see who is doing this.
    just a thought.:crazy:

6. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    That really sucks. Sounds like there should have been a stakeout to catch these people and not just remove the nets.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Jack,it is just a matter of time till more cats will move in and cover you up again,Glad they got the illegal nets out tho.

8. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    They run nets all over on the Mississippi :angry: but they can because it is legal!!!

Arse-holes pulling thousands of pounds of Cats out of here a day sometimes!:angry::angry::angry:

And they act like they OWN the river!!!

Had a bunch last year pull up and run gill nets under our boat while we were anchored!:eek:oooh: Yes, we argued....

No they didn't care cause..."we fish this hole every time we come here"

WTF?????

9. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    that sucks

10. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    that sucks maybe they know who put them ,'there they should be hung for it

11. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Well, if any of the big flatheads have been removed from there, others will move in soon if its a good spot for structure and feeding. I wouldnt give up on it yet. Give it a few weeks with no hoopnets and it should be producing again.

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you stole my post bro:smile2: This is right, unless it gets continuous pressure, the big flatheads will move in on it. remember dominant flats are there for a reason, not luck. That area must have the habitat for big flatheads to reside. I wouldn't write it off yet brother... maybe move to some new area to explore more, but i wouldn't write it off. rollo

13. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I know you are careful not to divulge where your spots are but, if you talk about them long enough, someone will find them and do exactly what those morons did.
    There are people that are on this site (and others) that just sit back and read and put things together. Then they go out and do things like this (worse case cenareo). I have seen it happen here in our area!!!

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jack,

I found an Oange Ironwood anchor bouy there at that spot aprox 3-4 weeks ago. The bouy was attached to something that I was unable to pull up by hand, I figured it was just an anchor in a tree bottom, but now I wonder if that had something to do with the hoop net?

Sucks man, but it should only get better and you know just as well as I that it takes special techinques and tackle to fish that spot, so even if more people are made aware of the spot due to this It'll be fine in the long run. I'd stay tight lipped about that spot though. :wink:

15. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Tomorrow, i'll post a pic of a net grab for any who cares to make one. I use it for an anchor but the game fish folks use the same thing and it will certainly find illegal nets. I would contact the warden and off my help draggin if it were my spot.

16. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man that sucks I know you aren't too far from me Jack ,just makes me wonder if anything like that is going on around here.

17. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    That would really suck to have a good hole ruined from someone netting the fish out of it.:angry::angry:

18. Dbeals05

Dbeals05 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    looks like its time to start kickin ass and taking names:0a6:

19. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Man Jack, sorry to hear that. I hope they get whats comin to em.

20. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    at least yaint gotta worry bout me takin any chubbaheads outta thet river jakkal cuz u know i am cursed to never even kitch the 1st one. :angry: