Well let me introduce myself

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Ghost River, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    I suppose this is as good a place as any for a first post. I stumbled upon your site a few days ago and decided to join. I'm 30, soon to be 31, and the husband of the beautiful girl that I dated in High School. I'm also the father of the sweetest 2 kids you've ever layed eyes on. Bella is the oldest at almost 2 years and Cade is the newest at 5 months. We live in Boiling Springs, NC near the Broad River just about the state line. I'm a life long outdoorsman, waterfowler and catfisherman. I went to college on a rodeo and acedenic scholarship (still doesn't mean I can spell) and graduated from Oklahoma Panhandle State University in 1998. I worked as a cowboy while out there working cattle and breaking horses. I did turn pro as a bareback rider but after a couple years I figured out that the good Lord had better plans for me that Prorodeo. Since then I've had a few jobs but currently I'm a Building Codes Enforcement Officer (darn building inspector) and I started a logging company a little over a year ago that I'm in the process of building. Hopefully in the future I won't be able to afford to work for the county anymore and can cut wood fulltime. We primarily hunt and fish the Broad River from Cliffside down to 99 Islands. We fish the Catawba river and lakes some. We also spend about half dozen weekends a year on either the Santee River or Bull Creek near M.B. Around 2000 we used to sell a lot of fish but nowdays I work enough. I fish for the relaxation and throw most everything back. Glad to be apart of the group herea nd I'll try to contribute when I can.

2. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    welcome to boc.....thanks for sharing your story and hope you the best of luck with your timber buisness....i'm sure you will enjoy your time here on boc and will learn a few tricks here

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Welcome to the BOC, your next family. You will love it here. I noticed you have a great sense of humour with your speling of acadenic.... You mentioned you went to Oklahoma Panhandle State University?
    I did not know that they had schools of higher learning in Oklahoma (OU and OSU football palyers can spell?)

I have to ask, Did you get a degree in... Panhandling? :wink:

Anyhow Welcome to the BOC!

4. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Welcome to the BOC Colt.
    Enjoyed your post and if you throw in some humor I see that as a plus.
    We might as well show some humor in life none of us are going to make it out of here alive.:big_smile:

5. ToonCat

ToonCat New Member

State:
    Tega Cay SC
    Welcome to the board. You'll find great info and fellowship with other outdoorsman here.

6. fishman247

fishman247 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    welcome aboard colt.....good chance i already know you(i grew up in lattimore and went to crest hs.....i spent many years fishing broad river.......but if i dont know ya, mabey we can meet up one day and tell some lies and wet a line

josh

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Colt! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you :smile2:! It's always nice to see another NC neighbor get on board. I live in Hickory and fish the Catawba chain generally. Jump right in, get your feet wet, and enjoy yourself here on the BOC. It's a great place!

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome aboard Colt. Question, do you reel in cat fish like the rest of us or do you hop on their backs and ride them into submission? lol :happy:

9. jsk30

jsk30 New Member

State:
    NC
    Welcome to the BOC Colt

10. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    welcome aboard colt, i can see now its gonna be a hoot readin your posts...really lookin forward to that....enjoy havin you among our ranks

11. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Wecome Aboard Colt,we are shure Glad to have Ya.J.D.:big_smile_2:

12. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Welcome, Colt :smile2: There's a lotta people here with tons of good catfishin' tips & stories. Good luck with your business, and look forward to reading your posts.

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC!!!

14. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    welcome to the BOC colt , good to have another new member especialy one that sounds as freindly as your self . look forward to reading your posts brother

15. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Welcome to the BOC.

I'm down in Gaffney and I fish Broad River somewhat. Maybe I'll see ya there sometime.

16. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Colt.

17. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Welcome to the Boc Colt. Glad to have ya.

18. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Welcome to the BOC Colt i enjoyed your post!!

19. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Welcome to the BOC Colt rep & gold to ya

20. mailhiker

mailhiker New Member

State:
    KY
    Welcome to the best spot on the web.