Well, Ky guys..You fishing??

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by KYTRAPPER, Jul 8, 2007.

1. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    Caught three channels last week. Gonna try it again in a few days. They should really start biting pretty soon. Anyone having any luck??

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i went last saturday and caught a 30# blue at markland dam going back out tomarrow

3. sugarfoot47

sugarfoot47 New Member

State:
    ky
    Went thursday night at markland.
    Caught several blues over 20.And one that was Over 50.I dont know the true weight ,scale only goes to 50 pounds.Fish measured 49 1/2 in long.And was 23 in round.Was caught with a 8 in bluegill.He was suspended over 54 ft of water.
    By the way hello charles.Me and my husband meet you at markland the night you caught the 30 pound.Thanks for the shad.

4. catfishsolich

catfishsolich New Member

State:
    kentucky,metcalfe county
    havent had much luck at barren river lake the past two weeks or so just small ones. going to go to mammoth cave tomorrow to fish the river ive never been there before so any advice on where to go would be appreciated. thanks

5. r_p_narramore

r_p_narramore New Member

State:
    East KY
    I fished the Ohio last night and only caught 2. A 5lb channel and a 12lb flathead. I also missed a few.

6. neal

neal New Member

State:
    ky.
    :0a18:Went Friday nite,stayed all nite!!! Caught two channel cats one at four pounds,and one a hair over six pounds! THEN,about 1:30 AM the bait alarm went into overdrive!!! While getting from my chair to the rod I swallowed that bite of hotdog whole!!! After about a twelve minute fight,my wife netted that EIGHTEEN POUND SIX OUNCE FLATHEAD CAT!!! WE put him back in the water after a small photo session with him!!! Then it was time to celebrate ,we popped the tops off of a couple ice cold ALE8's and talked about that flatcat for an hour or so!!!! IT WAS GREAT!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

7. RegulatorX

RegulatorX New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The last month has been very dissapointing for channels. This last weekend however, my brother took me to a lake/pond way out in shelbyville somewhere,( I wasn't familliar with the area). We caught twenty between the two of us in about eight hours it was the most fun I have had in a while. They were fighters to so that just heightend the exitement. So looks like were going to have our first decent fish fry of the summer. Good luck to all of you guys and gals out there and may your poles get bent.

8. catfishsolich

catfishsolich New Member

State:
    kentucky,metcalfe county
    Went to mammoth cave last weekend, fished all night caught a sucker thats it. Went to green river lake last night caught three small channels and an 8 pound carp. Fish should turn on soon I HOPE I havent had good luck for about 3 or 4 weeks. Good luck, Chris

9. Kentucky_Cat_Hunter

Kentucky_Cat_Hunter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Been fishing a few different places this year. I took my 6 year old son to Jericho lake a couple weeks ago. Cat biting was slow, but I put my son on a bunch of blue gill. I took a bluegill about 6 inches long, cut the tail off and put it on one of my poles and forgot about it. About an hour later my pole was headed for the water. I yanked and started reeling in what I would estimate to be about a 15-20 pound cat. I say estimate because it dawned on me that we had forgot the dip net and as I was trying to get it up on the bank (about a 2ft drop from where I had my poles) the hook ripped out of it's mouth and I didn't even get a picture. I wanted to cry, lol. My son was excited though! It would have been the biggest cat I had ever caught. I guess I should say almost caught.

Other than that I've had good luck with eater size cats all year.

10. catfish assassin

catfish assassin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    ive been thinking about going to markland and giving it a try i would like to scout it out before i take my pontoon there is there any good fishing from the kentucky side from the bank the pictures ive looked at look like the lock is on that side and would keep you from getting close to the current in other words i dont want to get a indiana temp license and where is the best ramp in that area

11. r_p_narramore

r_p_narramore New Member

State:
    East KY
    You can fish the Indiana side with a Kentucky license.

12. neal

neal New Member

State:
    ky.
    Welcome to the B.O.C. Nate!

13. catfish assassin

catfish assassin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    thank you this is a really good catfishing site i recommend it to everyone now