Well its winter..

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by mmccalli, Dec 5, 2007.

1. mmccalli

mmccalli New Member

State:
    Texas
    So Just wonder what ya'll do to adjust to winter conditions (strategy wise). I fianlly got out yesterday and the water is sittin between 50-53. SO I normally head deep deep around this time. I usally fish anywhere from25-6ft deep spring summer fall, but winter I normally hit up 30-60feet.

2. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Some will be deep, some will be shallow, some will be in between. All will be in the water except for the ones I already caught. In Texas, the majority of the fish will be north of the dam. There are a few exceptions like Fairfield and Joe Pool. On those lakes they will be south of the dam.

All kidding aside. This past Saturday, my guests caught 32 keepers from 16 to 22 feet of water with water temps around 55 degrees. I try to fish where the fish and bait fish are. You have to learn to trust your electronics. If I don't mark fish or bait in the area I keep moving util I like what I see. You can chum spots and eventually bring fish to you. If you find active fish and bait, those fish are already feeding and will bite rather quickly. Chum an area that already has feeding fish and you can fill the box rather quickly.

3. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Bobby's response is kinda like my weather prediction. There is always a 50% chance of rain, it will or it won't. Told that to one of our local TV weather guys, thought that he was going to fall down laughing, but said that he thought that he better not use that on his weather forecasts.