Well, it started off good

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by richard dunbar, Apr 18, 2007.

1. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    My 2 older kids dad came out from California over the weekend to visit his kids. We started out by going to wild adventures in valdosta and had a real great day. Saturday he took his kids to the Savannah mall to buy them a few things and just like every other kid in the world from a broken home they asked him to get them a bunch of stuff he couldnt afford. Now instead of handeling it like an adult and just telling them no and setting limits, he blows up at them in the middle of the mall and causes a seen wich embaressed both the kids and his daughter decides to not talk to him anymore. Now you would think that him being an adult would have more sense than to blame the other child for everything that happened, but no!
    He tells his son who was'nt acting up that its all his fault. So after a couple hours of damage control we finnaly get the kids to agree that if I go with them they will spend the last day with there father. It was agreed by both him and the kids that they would drop it and act as if nothing happened the day before and end the weekend on an up note. The next day rolls around and his daughter changed her mind and said she did'nt want to go to the beach with us, wich isn't surprising cause she don't like the beach anyway. So this isn't a problem. So we go out to breakfast and his son is figitty and messing with the silver. Now instead of asking him to put it down and stop messing with it he snatches it out of his hand and slams it on the table and start yelling at him about yestarday. I then proceeded to tell everyone to get up and get in the car. I drove us home gave the car back to him and told him obviously he needed more time to get things straight in his head and to give us a call when he figured he could control himself. This man is my friend and thats the only reason I involved myself in his visit, so its not like I'm the overbarring stepdad or any thing. The next day I got a call saying he was good and wanted to say goodbye to the kids. His son was willing to leave school but his daughter was still mad. The 2 of them were able to say goodbye and he left on a pleasant note, but dang what a headache

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm so sorry that the kids had this terrible experience. We adults are suppose to set examples,when we don't,in my opinion it's shameful. They are very lucky they have you. hopefully they can see a positive role model from you and hopefully someday their real dad will see and understand that he needs some help with anger management issues. JMHO:smile2:

3. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    im really sorry to hear that, i wish everyone could have a father like mine. ive said it once and ill say it again my dad is the greatest guy anyone could ever meet. its not good that everyone doesnt have a good relationship with their father.

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like a pretty crappy time. I made sure my 'stepkid's' father wants nothing to do with me, nor me him. His kids know they can rely on me, so as far as I'm concearned, it's a good deal.

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I have 2 Stepdaughters and their real dad is a jerk. Everything goes along fine until he decides to call and create some sort of chaos! The youngest stepdaughter graduates high school on May 28th, we got a letter in the mail from the court of law, can you quess which day his child support stops?

6. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Ive gotta daughter in CA I pay for, but I dont give her mother any grief and If she asks for help I do what I can. My stepkids dad has' nt payed any child support nor do we ask him to. So you would think he would'nt have anything to complain about.

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yeah, we don't worry about child support either. He's supposed to pay it, but just switches jobs when they catch up to him. He has a CDL license, and he will lose it if he gets too far behind, so I just cross my fingers every month that a check doesn't arrive. It ain't enough to do anything with anyway. He thinks it effects US I guess, but it doesn't. It only makes his kids mad at him, which is not cool at all, but it's fine with me. If I had a child of my own, that would be the only thing that mattered to me. Some guys just don't get it I guess. LOSERS!!!