Well it has happened again...

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by SeedTick, Jun 12, 2006.

1. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Brethren, Yeah it happened again today. I got to go fishing with Top again. He carried me to one of his good holes on the Arkansas River today and we had a great time.

Top sir, I truly enjoy fishing and visiting with you.

We caught a couple small channels and had a couple of hard runs and even got a few bream. I have finally got my transducer set close enough I'm getting arches and we marked a bunch of fish. The bad part is that just because you can see them it don't mean they will bite. There was a mayfly hatch going on today and the water was working alive with fish gorging themselves on them. I rigged up an ultra-light rig and caught a few bluegills, punkin seeds, and little large-mouths. A guy could have took a tube of crickets and wore 'em out.

Me and Top had a good visit and found out we had many things in common so many in fact we might be kin. hehe (Didn't we Top)
    I just wish we lived closer together so we could go every day.

If you ever gonna be close to London give him a holler and wet a line with him. You'll be glad ya did.

ST

2. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Glad ya had yourself a good time. That's what fishin's all about....and outcatching the other guy:big_smile:. haha. Nah, I'm just kiddin'. Makes me wanna get back out on the river real soon. Tight lines to ya!

-Red

3. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    That sounds like a real good time to me Seedtick. Anytime spent on the water with another BOC member is bound to be fun. Hope you and Tops get to fish together a bunch. You are both top notch guys in my book.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds like a good time. Glad ya got out to fish with a BOC brother.

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Mr. Seadtick you are correct its all about spending Quality time with Friends that share your same intrests. CONGRATS Im happy for YOU.Enjoyed your Sharing. God Bless! Bigcatman0816.:cool2:

6. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
  7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    The grand Kids went back to Louisiana, I was finally able to get out of the house Monday 12 June 06. Seedtick and I went to a couple deep holes that I know on the Arkansas river. We marked fish on the ledges of the holes but could not get them to bite with a T-bone stake. The umbrellas that Greg has for his boat is a life saver. I believe, with those umbrellas on the boat makes the temp drop at least by 10 degrees. I will try to get me a couple of those when I get some money ahead. The gills were working the mayflies over, I sure wish I had my ultra-lite and some crickets.

At this time I would like to thank all my B.O.C. brothers and fishing partners. I would never get out the house. Mac and Greg you both are stand-up guys. Thanks for taking me fishing. Being disable is hard on me and my fishing partners. Again THANKS to you!!

8. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Sounds like you had a good time even on a slow day. Top , I have an umbrella which I bought at a yard sale. It is a big one that fits in a picnic table. Watch yard sales and junk stores , then build a holder to fit the boat. Mine is big enough to cover both front seats and sets inbetween them. I built a rack complete with seats, rod holders , and hole for the umbrella. When I'm not using it the whole thing lifts off the boat. It works great for catfishing or spider rigg'n for crappie.:big_smile:

9. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    good post glad u guys had a time . good idea about the umb. mount will try thanks :smile2: