Well I went fishing today

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by firefighteremtb78, Oct 19, 2006.

1. firefighteremtb78

firefighteremtb78 New Member

State:
    IL
    to be more exact I was bass fishing. I was having some fun catching a couple bass when I got snagged. Well I thought I got snagged. I started reeling in and the object moved so I gave a slight tug and ZOOOOOM off it went. I was like well nope not a snag must be catfish. So i fought for a bit and bit more. Finally it jumped out of the water and I was amazed. When it went back down it took off with all the line on my reel so I started reeling in what I could. After and hour and 29 mintues of fighting I finally got it landed. Well I was tired and so was the fish. I sat down in my chair and lit a smoke and took a drink of my pepsi and i happend to glance over and he was moving back towards the water. OH NO !!! I through down my cell phone and smoke and in the water I went after it. (Mind you the water is less than 55 degrees at this lake right now) Well i saved it after i stuck my rod holder through its gill. Here is a picture of my grass carp I caught. It was 65 pounds 49 inches long and I caught it on 10 pd test and a berkley power worm. Iwas 5 pounds shy of the illinois record.

Attached Files:

2. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    dam man thats one huge carp brother wtg

3. flatheadsteven

flatheadsteven New Member

State:
    ohio
    thats a nice grass carp they are fun on light tackle.

4. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    congrats on that big ol carp thanks for sharing

5. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    A 65 pound fish on 10 pound test line ought to be some kind of record anywhere! Congratulations on your great catch!

6. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    man that things huge. u should try fishing for them with a ultra light r&r and 4 pound test:cool2: