Well I went and did it!

Discussion in 'Boating' started by 1sporticus, Mar 7, 2009.

1. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well I went and ordered a new Oquawka/weldpro boat on the 3rd of March. They are byult about 40 miles north of here. I got the 2072 flatboat style. I have been looking for quite a while and could never find exactly what I wanted. So I bit the bullet and went for it. I should take delivery in 4-6 weeks. This is a hand built aluminum boat. I spent a lot of money, but once the wife calmed down it don't seem so bad now. LOL Later Andy

2. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Congratulations on your new boat!!:cool2:

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Andy, congratulations on the new boat. I've seen Jeff's weld pro and it's a tank. This boat is built to be around to pass it on to your kids.

4. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Way to stimulate the economy! You're a true patriot! (See if the wife buys that load!):smile2:

5. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Andy got yourself a fine boat there dude there built structurally much like my North River, was looking at the Weld Pro's last year before ordered my NR, just to far away, what ya get for power, ya get there cat model

Nothing better then ordering your own new boat with what ya need for a boat , One thing I can tell It's going to be a long wait

6. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well thanks guys. I'm going to have to remember the stimulus idea. I'm going to power it with a 90hp something. I can't afford a new motor, so we are looking about. The reason I couldn't find one to suit me is I am handicapped, and the guy at Oquawka is going to build the boat around me. He has a lot of good ideas, and mainly he was willing to talk to me and get my feelings for the boat. Anyway I'm looking forward to it, and now that the wife has cooled down some, I need to talk to her about the electronics, and the trolling motor. Wish me luck.
    Later Andy

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on the boat brother

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on the new boat. Equip it right the first time. The wife will calm down soon. Enjoy.:smile2:

9. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Hay Andy. I know how big and mean your wife is. How Meany knots do you have on your head from Christine's frying pan..LOL.. Are you going to let me barrow the new boat in Aug? Post some pictures when you get it....

10. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Congrats Andy on the purchase of your new boat. Might want to consider buying a sleeping bag too. lol...

11. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hi Rusty, yup come and get it any time. Christine is finally getting used to the idea. I told her I'm putting in a steering wheel so she can drive it also. I think the hardest part was trying to convince her to put in a few more hours so I can pay for it. LOL. I also told her that it's nice and open so it won't take her long to clean it either.LOL So everything is good right now. Have a good day. Andy

12. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Congratulations on the new boat,Andy. I know you will get many years of enjoyment out of it. I wished I would have known you were in the market to have a plate boat built,I might have been able to save you a few bucks. You fill that baby up with fish and you'll be busy cleaning them for awhile!!

13. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    good luck with the boat,good luck with the wife mine has tore me so much over boats and stuff she has given up,i pretty much get want i want now:smile2::wink::embarassed:

14. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hi Glenn, well I like to save money, but I didn't know I was going to buy a boat until I drugggggggggggg the checkbook out. The more they talked the more I wanted. That ole boy knew what I wanted him to say, and he pulled it(checkbook) right out of my pocket. LOL Oh well I will finally get one the way I want it.
    Mankind, the little woman has only been with me 9 years, but she has learned quite a bit about my wheeling and dealing. Once she got over the sticker shock, and found out she can drive it, then everything calmed down. Have a good day. Andy

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Very nice !I aint commin round till yave had it a month(LOL) Yer butts grass(LOL)Nicely done ....very nice !

16. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Congratulations Andy
    I've seen several "plate boats" around Wapello and Oakville. If yours is like them you'll have a great boat. Are you drawing up plans for rod holders and live wells yet?
    the best 2ya
    just

17. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sometimes its easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission...

18. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on the new boat. If you do any modifications make sure you us all posted!

19. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hi Bob, I have been doing some plans ect. but I am going to wait and get it home first before I do any real work on it. I was up to see it the other day, and we got some things settled. I had the consoles placed where I wanted them, and a couple of safety rails and so on and so forth. Anyway I bought a 2001, 115 Mercury elpto. I think that will be enough to push it up the river. Well I'm getting nervous and impatient, but I'm hoping to get it here by April. Well got to go Later Andy

20. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Congrats on the new boat Andy. Can't wait to see some pics. when you get it home.

Chris