Well I finally did it!

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by RIVER-RAT, Apr 12, 2009.

1. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Yerp, Oh wait............you guys are expecting a fishing story.......well...ahem.....this isn't a fishing story! :smile2: Sorry Ryan, I know I told you when I broke the 70 pound barrier I was gonna title my post "Well I finally did it!" I didn't do that, but expect to any day now!:wink:

Anywho, what I did was go to a Cardinal game at the all new Busch Stadium yesterday! What a beautiful day it was for a day at the ball park! It was my First time and it was rather exciting!

I was in Boone County picking up one of St Charles finest citizens :wink: when my phone went off. It was my wife telling me that she could get two tickets to the game and asking me if I wanted to go! Of course I said heck yeah, so I hauled a$$ as fast I as could legally, placed my little friend in his new home, and headed to the game!

Talk about great tickets to boot! We were on the third base line, about 15 rows behind the visitors dugout! Right in the line of fire of many foul balls, which several were hit, unfortunately I couldn't get my grubby hands on one! :confused2: Then to make it even more eventful, Albert Pujols hit a Grand Slam!! Talk about making the place go nuts!! That was pretty cool! Then he hit another three run homer as the Cards went on to smash the Astros 11-2.

I had a blast! I know it's no fish story, but I thought I'd share it with you guys anyway.

One of these days I will have a real good fishing tale to tell again. I just hope it's sooner rather than later! :roll_eyes:

2. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Bill those seats are about like Kathi's" my girlfriends " season tickets except hers is by first base. She went today.

3. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey, Bill. We were there too! It was my 4 year old daughters 1st baseball game...and what a game it was., grand slam and all. She really got into the cheering thing.

Our seats were behind home plate in the redbird club--section 251. We had a great time but I have to admit that throught much of the game I was thinking about being on the river...:roll_eyes:

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Well it wasn't quite as exciting for me but I did listen to most of it on the radio. GREAT GAME! GO CARDS :cool2:!

5. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    hey Bill, glad you got to go to the game.. Hey just a heads up.. My job has stacks of tickets they usually give the to vistors or partners, but alot of them go to waste... if i get some I'll post them up here for u guys.. I think i turned down a dozen games last yr.. I know.. I like baseball, but i have my shorties in the evening..if i dont have tickets for everybody I cant go..:sad2:

6. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Bill glad you had a good time at the game.:smile2::cool2:

7. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    So burnt up the "I finally did it thread" You can keep your bracelet of shame.:smile2::smile2::smile2: J/K Well it sounds like you and the wifey had a good time buddy. I imagine that would have been the game of the year to see. I still haven't been to one this year but it will have to wait. I have got to go fishing soon or I am going to go crazy.

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Cool Bill, I'll have to see if your "mug" was on tv as they do the "Fan Cam" I may have to check this as it was tivo'ed, like all Cards games......LOL. But I just listened to the radio, can't seem to get away from Mike calling the game on the radio.

Willie, I'll go ahead and put my name on your list for the game in July, OK? :wink:

9. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    Went opening day last week and had a good time even thought I froze my _ _ _ off!!

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Still think the GWC should rent out the party room one game and hold the meeting during the 7th inning stretch, LOL

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Randy, I saw Bill on TV once before, a movie if I recall. He was one of the secondary players in "The Princess Bride". (I know, I saw the photo with the pigtails an I know he was trying out for the lead, but he didn't get it) I think the name of the character was "Fezzik", or something like that.:wink:

12. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Kutter, your right about Bill trying out for a lead role and the name of the character being Fezzik, but the movie was "Bride of Frankenstein.":smile2: Yea I am pretty sure about that.

13. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    LMAO............Well Bill you finally did it...

Hey r u expecting me to win the lottery anytime soon...

14. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Willie just keep playin' cards........you'll get there:smile2: