Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, just got back from Marion... Got to fish 2 days. 1st day---fished like zombies due to lack of sleep---bad experience at Harry's....for details PM me---caught one close to 20 pounds and two nice fish 10++, 2nd day caught one over 20 ++, and 2 others that were nice size... Also caught a 2 pound crappie on an 8/0 hook with cut bait---WTH???

Attachments

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
LOL, yea we caught a few cappie/specks this year on large cut herring also. They catch me off guard when they do that but hey, they are great bait, LOL.

Thanks for the pic's

-Jim-

Does anyone else call them specks besides me ? I never heard of the word " crappie " until I moved to SC from Florida.

·
Registered
106 Posts
LOL, yea we caught a few cappie/specks this year on large cut herring also. They catch me off guard when they do that but hey, they are great bait, LOL.

Thanks for the pic's

-Jim-

Does anyone else call them specks besides me ? I never heard of the word " crappie " until I moved to SC from Florida.
I call them Crappie, and boy are they tasty!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still workin' on my 10 post but getting' closer every day.
Also, intended to ask if it is legal to fish with live crappie or blue gill, I think you guys call them bream in Marion? In Ky it is illegal to use these fish as bait....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.