Well I did it!

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Phil Washburn, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i had bid on several shimano stellas on ebay, and never got close. the ones i bid on sold for over 400$:eek:oooh:
    i even bid on a used one that brought over 300$:tounge_out:

several days ago i put a half price bid on a new one and i now own it:embarassed:

i can't believe no one outbid me. i didn't really need it, and i didn't need to spend the money....however, it is a done deal now. i will put it on my new black and blue rod when it gets here.
    i will save the stradic for a shimano talavera rod..it's gonna be awhile before i can afford that rod tho.

i have a symetre, a stradic, and now a stella. these will be the rigs i use almost exclusively. excellent reels. i hope that i match them well to the rods. i can't wait to go back to eufala and do some big blue fishing!:big_smile:

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Don't ya just hate it when that happens..:smile2:

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Enjoy!Happy for you.I love You Brothers and Sisters peewee.

4. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Enjoy your new reels sometimes you do get lucky or unlucky depending on your view when using ebay. LoL :big_smile: I too was playing with ebay and placed a bid on a Shimano reel and it comes with a Ugly Stick. It was really the reel that I wanted. By my surprise I actually won it:confused2:. Oh well I guess I have a new rod and reel on its way......:wink: Congrats if i didn't already mention that....:wink:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sounds like an early christmas. A gift from you to you, and just what you wanted. Enjoy.:big_smile:

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Phil, it just goes to show what the patience of a catfisherman can accomplish lol.