Well I did it.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FishMan, Aug 10, 2006.

1. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    As some of you know I bought a nice tent and some camping items and went to my first gathering this spring. The gathering part was great but the tent camping was not so great for this 54 year old. I wanted to do more outings so I started looking at different types of campers. I looked at some new type c motor homes and the one that would do me a good job was 68,000, HELLO, I said, you must misunderstand me I don't want part ownership in this company just that one camper...LOL, he said, that plus tax, license, prep charges and undercoating, Now I'm getting angry, I said do human people really give you more money for a camper than what my home cost, he said,,LOL...LOL Yes they do. Well thank you for your time, but i just got my home paid for not to long ago. So the long hunt started for a good used unit and today I hit the jackpot. I have only owned it for 8 hours and already had two wanting to buy it . It is used but a sweet one and I can pull my boat with it.....68,000....LOL...I'll show them guys.

52000 miles, no rust anywhere, still shines, was stored in a barn. everything works like new, spotless, drives like new, it was a fancy model when it was new, loaded with everything even chrome wheels. It's a jaco 26 foot on a E 350 ford, 460 engine and I feel like a kid with a new toy...LOL...anybody want to buy a tent, only used 1 time.

I'm almost ready, come on national gathering.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

congrats on the find. I have priced the new campers also and like you was a little put back by the prices.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Congratulations, Danny! I'm excited for you.

Now if you decide to spend 65K, remember a nice new houseboat is about the same and you might use it more than a camper. LOL. I looked at one a few weeks back and they are loaded now with whatever you want to add, of course, then there's that more money clause.

Take care. Enjoy the NG next month!

4. Kentucky_Cat_Hunter

Kentucky_Cat_Hunter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congrats on a nice find! Don't ya just love showing those salesmen you're not at their mercy?

5. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    congrats brother your going to like it very much. i have afreind that has that same camper. he uses his for hunting season.

6. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Sounds like you got a good deal. My wife and i are also looking for a camper, these old bones just dont tolerate sleeping on the ground in a tent. Hopefully we can find a good used one,the prices on new ones are just plain scary. Enjoy your new ride.

7. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee

I would be more inclined to go in debt for that house boat at that price than a camper. at least you would be living on the river. Mr fish lives there, I like that Idea.

8. gater460

gater460 New Member

State:
    eldon,mo
    congrats on the good deal only problem i see is ford 460 it should be able to pass anything on road except a gas station lol

9. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Congrats on the buy, but when you start to fill it up with gas tank you will want that tent back. So keep it for back up...LOL

10. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am sure I will need to get the big wallet out. It has the newer injectors and a larger air intake I hope to get 14 but will be happy with 10, I may need to learn to make my own fuel...LOL...you know 100 proff, I am a tennessee boy, LOL

11. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    congrats on the find hope it works out great for ya

12. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    Congrats on your new "Mobile Home". Hope you really enjoy it! Maybe if you pack real light, you'll get better mileage!
    Lisa

13. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Way to go Danny. I know for a fact that you will be more comfortable i n that.

14. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee

It's all your Fault Willard...LOL...I thought I was doing OK and then you pulled your big second home beside me and that keep me thinking all weekend if I'm going to do the BOC thing I better get more confort. I reall like the way you had your campsite setup. I think you were out fishing when you wife showed me around. Thats a sweet deal. We sure had a good weekend at that gathering, I'm already looking forward to that one again next year, and how about that camper Fish built, man that is like better than factory.

See you at the National.

15. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Sound investment Danny!!! I know, I sure wish I had one, LOL!!! I will see you there Buddy!!!

16. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Congrats...Hope you enjoy it Danny

17. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    I bought i new pop camper viking almost 2 years ago got right AT 8K IN IT :angry: thinking about selling it it sleeps 8 and still look like new. Then again i just have to buy another one back :crazy: Could of bought me a nice truck for that price. and i dont get to make he garthering either.

18. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Here's a picture of it from last year

Attached Files:

19. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Is that a Rockwood, they are nice, I looked at them and almost bought but Kept thinking about pulling my boat. I guess I'm glad I waited we will see when I start burning that gas.

20. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill

Well Danny you will get to pay me back at the national. :lol: The wife and I will be tent camping when we come. My daughter and her husband, You know the wife's son-in-law :lol: were going to come and split the fuel cost but they backed out so we will come to tent. If the weather acts a little crazy I might just pul;l it any way. If it starts storming I know where I can get in out of the weather.:roll_eyes: