Well...I am a Dad, again.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Kojak, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well as some of you know my wife and I have been doing foster care for about four years now, give or take a few months. We have kept over 60 children spanning from newborn to teenager. Just about 6 weeks ago a mother who has had all her children taken by the state gave birth to another baby girl. The family of this woman has tried to care for this little one with no luck, it seems one more child is just too much for some to take on..believe me I do understand this and hold no grudges from someone who can't do it. Anyway that leads me to my news. Robin and I got a call asking if we would be willing to adopt this six week old baby girl.....How could we say no. I simply told Robin (my wife) that I would be needing a bigger boat in the coming years as now I have 2 girls one one teenage son to train how to fish. And that is not all. Before we got the call for this little girl we had started pursuing another little one who is 2 1/2, she will also be put up for adoption soon so......thats 3 girls:eek:oooh: sounds like a good name for a boat huh...My Three Girls... I just refuse to get pink seats. I will keep you all updated. Gotta go fix a bottle now lol

2. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Sure sounds like you and your wife are blessed! And so are the ones your lives have touched.

3. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Congrats!!:big_smile: I don't know how you do it.

4. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I would dont thing pink seats would look good, maybe some of those pink rods they sell for a little color. Congrats on the little girl. My granddaughter's adoption will be final this month.

5. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    I thank God for you! You could stop right now and probably have touched more lives than most of us have. I don't know what we'd do without people as selfless as you and the Mrs. Thanks for standing up for those that cant do it for themselves. You inspire me!:big_smile:

6. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    congrats i have five girls

7. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    congrats thanks for careing for the little ones.

8. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    When you bend to help one of God's little angels God smiles on you :worship::big_smile:

9. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Bless you and your wife for giving them kids a chance in life because it is not there fault what has happen in there lives thank God for pepol like yall ,you will be rewarded for your doings

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Jarred,Congrats. Great thing you and the misses are doing. Seems theres a few too many baby factories these days.

11. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats and thanks for what you are doing. I'm out of reps and thanks both so here is yours.

12. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Congrats and thank you for being who you are!!! People like you make the world a better place to live!!!

13. River Hobo

River Hobo New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    What Cher said ! :0a27:

14. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Congrats! Your a saint

15. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The replies I have gotten on this post were kind of unexpected, but very much appreciated. I do not feel I am a saint. I just love kids and hate to see way to many mistreated or neglected. How it all got started is when Robin and I started dating we talked of having a baby in the future, she having her tubes tied was no longer able to without a costly and non guaranteed surgery or going the test tube method. Instead, we decided rather than bring another child into the world to adopt. Well looking to adopt led to foster parenting. The very sad thing is that the system fails these kids miserably for the most part. Robin and I work hard to get the children the help they need whether its medical, or mental, and as soon as we get the ball rolling the kids are either given back to the parents, or moved to a family member of one of the parents. Sometimes this is a good thing, but not usually. For example we had one little girl a while back that we went all the way to Chicago to have evaluated for Autism, it turned out that it was instead fetal alcohol syndrome. Just a couple weeks after that, and beginning to get the help the little girl needed, she was placed with an aunt and the help she should have gotten stopped. This and a few other examples are the reason that Robin has decided to go back to school to major in social work in an attempt to change the way the system works, if not for all at least the ones that she is in charge of. She is now in her junior year at SIU full time, we also both work full time, and have children of our own.....somehow I still manage to find a way to go fishing almost every weekend can you believe that? And would you believe that some family of ours call us and ask us to watch their kids.....cause they are tired lol......and of course we do. Again thank you all so much for the replies and rep, just doin my part as far as I see it.

16. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    You may not seek out sainthood but it comes to you by just being a great human being. There are some people that don't take care of thier own kids and then their are people like you that love every child like they were your own, and that makes you great.

17. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    My hat is off to you and your wife.I sometimes struggle with two teenage girls trying to spread there wings with their mouths.As for the seats go with yellow ones.And don't forget the Barbie poles.

18. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Already have one Princess pole, which caught a nice size cat a couple weekends ago I might add. I was thinking more along the lines of those hats that some sell saying....Of Course I fish like a girl written in pink, saw them at Dicks over the summer.

19. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    You and your wife are doing an amazing thing. May the Lord bless you abundantly.

20. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jerred you and your wife are blessed and a blessing at the same time. You are amazing. I spent a whole day with you at Rend and never guessd. Yes, your going to need a bigger boat. Reps to you.