Well guys i appreciate all your help but im just not in the right part of the country

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by whiskerchaser, Aug 6, 2006.

1. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Well I really appreciate all the help everyone has given me but its time i quit catfishing for now i just dont live in the right place of the country the fish never bite and i just dont know im hangin it up. Cant believe im actually sayin this im just gonna ba$$ fish and trout fish i guess. Its been 3 1/2 years since i caught my last catfish. it really bites i will still visit the boc occasionally man i really hate to do this but im tired of going fishing once a week and catching nothing and not even getting bites if i catch one this next week with my order of danny kings i might stay in the sport.

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Well James if you quit how are you gonna catch the record but that is uo to you But I think sitting ina boat waiting on a bite sure beats casting and reeling and casting and reeling all day for the same results oh well that just leaves more in the water oh if you just go to fish and be happy you can go try it is fun too

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Whiskerchaser, It doesnt matter what you fish for including bass.
    There is alot to be learned from bass fishing.
    You are still welcome here every waking moment. Once a brother always a brother.
    We have quite a few members that dont fish period.

Once in a while it does some good to step back from the things you love and get back to the basics. It rebuilds your confidence in what you are doing or trying to accomplish.

4. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    you say you DID catch one 3 yearas ago, so was that catch in the same water you are fishing now?
    are you bound to the bank????
    ive read and heard that 90 percent of the fish are in 10 percent of the
    body of water.
    we go to some of the same places and there are times we get skunked and other times we catch a few some spots are better than others.
    dont know about your area and state but if you can use two poles legally use one for catfish and bass or gill fish with your other pole.
    i love to fish for both .
    if the cats are just really hitting good (which dont happen often to me)
    then i use both for cats if not then one i change it up.

there aint nothing wrong with carrying a few lures to bass fish with in your cattackle box .

5. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Im going out to fish in about 15 minutes wish me luck ill tell u the results in the morning.

6. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    I wish you all the luck in the world tonight, but don't quit the site. I need all the brother I can get.

7. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    James, maybe you could call the NM Game & Fish department and/or speak with some of the game wardens, and ask them what lakes have catfish in them. I know that Springer is stocked with trout, but I don't know if NM stocks cats anywhere. Or maybe when your out fishing you could ask some other fishermen if they know where you can catch some catfish. Cats are pretty prolific - you can generally find them almost anywhere. You just need to figure out how to catch'em. Sometimes each lake/pond/creek/river requires a little something different to get on to the fish, which is part of the challenge. I have found that the best (and fastest) way to find out what I need to know is to ask - don't be afraid to ask anybody and everybody. MOst people will be glad to help you out, and a few will be pricks about it but that's ok. Ask away - and before long you'll find out what you need to know. Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

8. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Here's something from the NM Game & Fish website:

BEST CATFISH WATERS

Reservoirs: Ute (best for both species) and Bluewater (good mid-day summer fishing for channel cats; use lead sinkers on the bottom). Also Elephant Butte, Cochiti, Caballo, Navajo, Brantley, Conchas, Abiquiu, Sumner, Santa Rosa. Smaller lakes, such as Bear Canyon, Eunice, and Jal, are stocked with channel catfish.

Rivers: Gila (Gila Hot Springs downstream to the Arizona Line); portions of the San Francisco; portions of the Rio Grande; Rio Chama (between Abiquiu and El Vado dam); Percha Dam; and stretches of the Pecos River below Sumner and Brantley reservoirs. In rivers, both species tend to congregate around brushpiles and holes below sandbars.

9. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Ok im not quiting cuz last night i did catch one catfish and my mom caught one they were both small between 1-3 lbs. so we stuck em in the freezer we went from 10pm to about 3am and only got about 3 bites of which 2 were hooked and landed that was about it we went to trinindad lake for once.

10. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    James glad to hear you ain't giving up, sound like you might want to bait a hole if it is legal. Bring them cats in so you don/t have to look so hard for them.

11. Dolomite

Dolomite New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Nice! I can appreciate

12. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    you have made me want to go fishing, I hope it all works out well for you and you never lose all your desire to go fishing. good luck.

13. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    thanks guys i am gonna try and chum with soured grain or something.