Well good for the navy

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
  2. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Wasn't any other solution,couldn't let them get by with it even if he had to die.I'm so glad it turned out like it did.

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    And meanwhile Obasm is playing with his puppy and doing the easter thang.

4. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Also might be time to go in and make several thousand less pirates.

5. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    and they tried to say, "we only collect ransom" like its no big deal. they just stole a human being thats all:confused2:. i think we gave em a good message.

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I am very surprised that Obama had the b.... to okay the use of force. If the pirates (and other law breakers) new they would have to pay the price, they'd at least think twice about what they were doing. As it was, the pirates just did what they wanted then set back and grabbed the fat pay checks. Think is, I doubt it was the pirates in the boats getting the 1 or 2 or 5 million dollars.

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Maybe Im wrong but I didnt hear a peep from Obama, well maybe sugar peeps. :smile2:

8. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks Phil for the good report. You gotta love those Navy Snipers!:cool2:

9. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Ya know that stuff's been popping up in the news more and more. Maybe these lil countries need ta bank fish for awhile? They were hyjacking the supplies coming in for aid. Stealing their own groceries. That would imply they are disorganized to the point of not really being countries. Time to give the aquatic life some more structure.
    :smile2:

10. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    i agree with all these post .it,s time we let them know piracy is not to be gotten away with

11. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    They need to make an example of the pirate they have in custody. I'm not a mean spirited person but this guy should suffer for his part in the whole mess.

12. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    According to the news stories I have read, Obama twice told the military they could use whatever force was necessary to retrieve the Captain, hopefully alive.

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
  14. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Glad it ended like it did with the Captain still alive. CNN was reporting that Obama gave the go ahead to use force if needed. His stock just went up, far as i'm concerned with that call. We don't need a president in there that is going to roll over and let them get away with this crap. Maybe the pirates will think twice before taking another US flagged ship.

15. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Thats some good shooting 3 kill shots in the middle of night.The pirates are saying they are going to get revenge.I just hope when they slip up and try something again we are there to retaliate.

16. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Sure Glad they got the American out of there...

As far as the pirates threats,,, Whatever,, the rest of them can die later..

17. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    From the accounts I have heard, the longboat was only about 35 meters off the fantail. I don't think it takes a very good shot with a sniper rifle, infa-red scope and a fairly stable firing platform. Don't get me wrong, it was a great deal, but lets not annoit the seal teams as the next Alvin York.

18. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    lol...let's give 'em credit, AW..i would have had to use a hand grenade:smile2:

give me a shotgun, stand in front of me, and don't move..i think i can deal with that shot:wink:

19. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Im sure that there will be some private organizations (like Blackwater) that will see a financial opportunity in the anti-piracy market.

20. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I wouldnt be too sure about that, for all of the paperwork that would they would have to fill out for each port of call about having weapons onboard they will probably still go the way they are going. What I would really like to see is a joint venture to get the other kidnap victims (about 200) free and see all of the "Pirates" dead. Make it so its not so profitable to do that kind of service