Well folks I just got some bad news!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Nov 30, 2006.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have 2 Aunts in a nearby nursing home. One is 92 and the other is 83. Well the 83 y/o just tried to commit suicide. My 92y/o seen what she was going to do and she got in her wheelchair(God Bless Her) and wheeled up to the Charge Nurse.They went down and she had gotten a pair of scizzors,some how one of the nurses had accidently left her pair in on the night stand and my aunt got ahold of em. She has told us (my sister and I) cause she has no children that she wants out of this world but we never dreamed she'd try to take it this far.We were all raised to be deeply religious and so this is a major kick in the gut for us.I have just called our minister which he expressed his condolences and told me if he could help in any way to let him know. Well they got her strapped onto the stretcher to take her to a Psychiactric ward and she fought like a tiger. We know she is probably on her way out cause they'll give her some meds to control this desire to hurt herself and it will probably snow her under.Sorry for the long post just needed to talk and get it off my chest!------------Pat:too_sad:

2. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Sorry to hear. Stay strong and faithfull.

3. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Pat sorry for the problem. I am not so sure I wouldn't want out also if all I could do was lie in bed. Bless her heart she knows her next place will be better. Hang in there.

4. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Pat,

I am so very sorry to hear this. I know what suicide can do to you. Its an unbelievable pain that you never knew of. Its hard to understand and comprehend. I hope that your aunt gets all the help that she needs. She dont really want to die, she just wants to end the pain and thinks that leaving this world is the only to do it. In the aftermath, it leaves so many unanswered questions. Help her, with all that you can, just be there for her. This brings back alot of heart wrenching feelings. I'll be praying for you and your aunt. You both will be on my mind all day..and night.

Bless you

5. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    sorry to hear about it, hope she turns out alright.

an 83-year-old tiger?:lol:

6. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I couldn't say it any better than Amy has and will sure keep your family in prayer, Pat.

7. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Sorry to hear the news Pat. Just support and love her as much as you can, that is about all any of us can do.

8. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Pat Sorry your family is going through this, I know it isn't easy Prayers from Iowa

9. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Pat, that's really too bad. I am going to pray for her and your family.

10. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    We all have problems but some are worse than others.
    One thing to remember all the BOC members are praying for you and all the family. Remember,Keep your Faith Hold and On the Devil is after all good people.

God Bless You

11. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Sis,

Sorry to hear of your heart wrenching problem. Prayers sent from TN to MO.

Keep us posted.

Take care..
    Cheryl

12. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Sorry to hear the news pat the best thing you can do now is to tell her and let her know that you all love her just prayed and will continue to: for you all

13. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

That's a sad situation, Pat. Positive thoughts and prayers from NC for both of your aunts and your entire family....

14. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sorry to hear that Pat..that's terrible...prayers for her and your family

15. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I guess in the State of Missouri the law has to serve papers to tell ya goin into a psychiactric Facility. As I said before she fought like a tiger and has managed to make my other Aunt who has always been a real sweetheart to us(the 92y/o) she is feeling like it is all her fault.We have explained that it is not at all her fault that her sister and our aunt is just plain messed up and in urgent need of mental help.It is my prayer to God that she can get on some meds that will straighten her out and she can come back and be peaceable but it is in God's Hands now so it remains to be seen!:sad_2a:

16. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Hate to hear that, hopefully everything works out. Thoughts and prayers from Derbycity.

17. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    It seems in every life a little rain must fall. You, on the other hand, are experiencing the coming of the second great flood. It WILL get better. Just think of shivering.

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Pat we are sorry to hear of your problem. You have turned it over to the Lord. He still hears and answers prayers. We are praying for this situtation. From So.Illinois.

19. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Bless her heart. She must have been scared to death. She did the right thing by getting her sister help. I'll say a prayer for both of them.

20. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Sorry to hear that Pat. You're doing all you can do, just remember that.