Well done pass it on

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by laidbck111, Jul 15, 2006.

1. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

The average age of the military man is 19 years. He's is a short haired tight muscled kid who under normal circumstances is considered by society as a half man and half boy. Not yet dry behind the ears but old enough to die for his country. He never cared much for work and would rather wax his own car than to wash his fathers; yet he has never collected unempolyment either. He's a recent high school graduate; was probably an average student, pursued some sort of sports activity and drives a 10 year old jalopy. He has a steady girlfriend that either broke-up with him when he left are swears to be aiting for him when he returns from half a world away. He listen's to rock-n-roll, rap are country and a 155mm howizzitor. He is 10-15 pounds lighter now than he was when he left at home because he is working are fighting from before dawn to well after sunset. He has trouble spellin thus letter writting is a pain for him but he can field strip a rifle in 30 seconds and reassemble in less time, in the dark. He can recite you the nomenclature of a machine gun are grenade launcher and use either one effectively if he must. He digs fox holes and latrines and can apply first-aid like a professional. He can march until he is told to stop and stop until he is told to march.He obey's orders instantly without hesitation but he is not without spirit are individual dignity. He is selfsufficient. He has two sets of fatigues the one he is wearing and the one he just washed. He keeps his canteens full and his feet dry. He sometimes forgets to brush his teeth but never to clean his rifle. He can cook his own meals mend his own clothesand fix his own hurts. If youo are thisty he will share his water if you are hungry his food. He'll split his ammo with you in the midst of battle when you run low. He has learned to use his hands as weapons and his weapons like his hands. He can save your life are take it, because that's his job. He will often do twice the work of a civilian for half the pay and still find the ironic humor in it all. He has seen more suffering and death than he should have in his short life. He has stood a top mountains of dead bodies and helped to create them. He has wept in public and private for friends who have fallen in combat and is not ashamed. He feels every note of the National Anthem vibrate thriugh his body while at rigid attention, while tempering the burning desire to "square-away" those around him who haven't bothered to stand, remove their hat are to even stopped talking. In an odd twist, day in and day out, far from home he defended their right to be dis respectful. Just as did his father, grand-father and great grand-father. He is paying the price for our freedom. Bardless are not, he is not a boy. He is an American Fighting Man that has kept our country free for over 200 years. He has asked for nothing in return except our friendship and understanding. Remeber him always for he has earned our repect and admiration with his blood. I stand now a salute all the men and women of the Armed Forces. Thank you

2. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I too stood and saluted like I was taught 30 plus years ago.
    S-A-L-U-T-E

I prayed for a long time no one else would have to do it. But now realize somone has to defend our way of life. I now pray for all of them.

Amen.

3. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Great post ty for sharing reps to ya

4. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    That says it all and is the truth! This is a great post! God bless all of our military!

5. ShieldMan

ShieldMan New Member

State:
    florida
    Our prayers are with the troops. Always.

Nice post.

6. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great post! Hope all the brothers on here read this!!

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Thanks I hope they do also

8. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Great post Brother, God Bless Our Service Men/Women.........

9. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Great post! I have wanted to go smack the hats off of those that will not take them off for the national anthem.

Aaron

TA2D

10. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    Outstanding Post

11. suddawg

suddawg New Member

God bless you Benji!

SudDawg

12. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

among other things :what:

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've seen that one before but glad to see Benji posted it. I think it says a lot.

14. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Everyone back home deserves a salute from us. You guys are the greatest.

MAJ D

15. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    I have always thought that there is nothing more dangerious than an 18 y.o. red blooded american fighting man Bout time to turn em loose to T.C.O.B.

16. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    As my sigature say God Bless our men /women in uniform. I too hate it when poeple won't take thier caps /hats off for our FLAG. I hope they can all come home safe ,but know that will be impossible.Prayers said for all our troops (whereever )they may be.

17. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Great post! I don't think you will find an argument about that!

18. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Great post I really like to read post like that.

19. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I got this one from a friend some time back, and forwarded to my mailing list. If you don't relate to this, I probably saw some of your relatives crossing the border into Canada while I was serving at a Air Defense ( radar ) base in northern Minnesota. Draft dodgers. Good fishin. Jack.

20. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Thanks for all of the response guys. This was sent to me through an email and I just wanted to share it with the brothers of the BOC