Well Boys its here!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by TennesseeJugger, Oct 2, 2009.

1. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Well boys its here,

Fall break has started I am off from teaching those young adolesent teens for two whole weeks. Going to Percy priest Sat. night just below the Hobson Pike Bridge, got a good report that large channels are in there among the rip rap and bridge pilons. I will post Sunday and let you know how Tennesseejugger2 and I make out.

2. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Go get em Don

3. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good luck Don.

4. festus

festus New Member

Hope you have some good photos to share later, Don. And you definitely need a break from being cooped up around adolescents!:wink:

5. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Amen brother!

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Best of luck Don. Looking forward to your report and pics.

7. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good luck Don..Look forward to hearing about your fishing trips over the next few weeks..

8. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Good luck Don and I hope you catch a boat load and get some much deserved rest for your mind and soul.:go:

9. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Well boys,

We went to the new venue J Percy Priest Lake, went put in at Long Hunter state park at 7pm and headed towards the rip rap of the Hobson pike bridge. It started to get dark on us so I went to light my coleman lantern that I had purchased at a yard sale Sat. Morning, I had only paid $5.00 for the lantern(what a deal) I took the lantern home cleaned it up, instaled a new pump, new mantels ect. Here's were the story get interesting. I set the lantern on my bait cooler and went to light it and the whole thing was on fire cooler and all. I guess there was a leak in the fuel supply somewhere. Now I am a huge advocat about not littering the lakes, but that scared the crap out of me and I tossed the whole thing overboard! Jugger2 managed to put out the fire on the bait cooler. Well we finally got bated up and we caught about a 2 pound flatty( first flathead ever) woo-hoo! Then came this huge boat with alot of very happy folks on board ( Drunk), singing karoke. The must have wanted us to listen to them cause they just kept driving buy us several times. I really did not care for this location due to all the party boaters, tarffic noise from above the bridge! We did manage to catch 4 fish all were about 2 to 3 pounders (good eaters)! So there is my report!

Hope you enjoy.

10. crappietime

crappietime New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro Tennessee
    Man I wished I had read this earlier than today..I normally fish Percy Priest for cats and crappie..That area you was fishing is the main highway from 4 corners to Party Cove...Was you fishing rod&reel or was you running any jugs?I will send you a pm and give you some areas to look at and the times that they are good on Priest.

11. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    We were fishing rod& reel and had 40 jugs out.

12. crappietime

crappietime New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro Tennessee
    I can give you some other pointers too if you want some areas to jug run on Priest too...I know of one guide out there that has gotten some good size cats and I know exactly where he runs his jugs at too.

13. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    I will take all the help I can get out there, it is a new place for me because I usally fish Old Hickory. I am really scared of going out there at night time due to all the rocks. I have been using cut skip jack on my jugs and doing really well on Old Hickory.

14. JBird01

JBird01 New Member

State:
    Hendersonville,TN
    How deep are you fishing your jugs don?

15. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Five to six foot.

16. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Welcome to the BOC Josh.

17. crappietime

crappietime New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro Tennessee
    Jugger did you ever try that area I was telling you about right out of Long Hunter I was telling you about.It will be good for the depth of your jugs you run.There is alot of rock in there and it aint much deeper than about 8ft.

18. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    No have not been out there yet, but it is in the plans.

19. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    priest isn't to bad at night if you have a gps its full of idiots without boating respect

20. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    good luck bro