Well boys is it over?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by eflow, Oct 10, 2009.

1. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Anyone been out lately? I'm done for the year its time to once again start protecting the country from the bird flu.:wink: CUT'EM BOYS!!

2. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    Justin i knew we could count on you protecting us :smile2:.Good luck in chasing those ducks.

3. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Go get em Justin :wink:… This time of the year I’ll be back on the lower Missouri and below Alton till mid December when the walleye start up with a few trips to Mark Twain till it freezes over… Not many folks out on the water this time of year… guess the change in seasons has this migrant fisherman following the fish… enjoy your time out there defending us from the bird flu Justin, :smile2: I know it’s a season you look forward to.

4. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    The walleye were one of the reasons I was asking in another post about running The Chain of Rocks. A guy that I work with told me he does pretty good there on the Walleye. I though he and I would give it a try in a couple of weeks....If it would just stop raining...:angry:

5. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    O it's been over for a while now!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    My one and only walleye, was caught right below the Chain of Rocks Low Water Dam. It was 6 pounds, 2 ounces, caught while using a Sabiki rig trying for skipjacks.

7. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good luck on the birds, Justin. As for me...I can't stay away from the river. As long as the ramps are not slick I'll find a reason to get out on em'. I might try for a walleye this year.

8. Andy52

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    That's one nice Walleye, I'd love to take 5 or 6 that size home, those are some really good eating fish. Though to give it a try just as soon as the river and weather permit. I checked out the Missouri River on the way home from work today, Oh man it's really rollin' from all the rain.

9. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Hey Mike don't forget about me this winter when the walleye show up.

10. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    how do u use those things kutter

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    When one things over the next begins. I seen my first flock of geese fly over yesterday when i was standing there looking at my first scrape of the year. Seen more hooks in the past 24 hours than i've seen all fall. Won't be long till me and Walker are the only folks at the ramp, every cast ya have to wash ice out of the guides but the jerk bait bite will be good.:wink: Good luck to all the hunters and those that keep fishin. Always a certain amount of cave dwellers that just hole up next to the fire.:eek:oooh:

12. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Yeah, uh, that would be me.:wink:

I still cannot understand how 70 degrees is too cold to fish, but sittin in a deer stand before daylight in 10 degrees is perfectly fine.

13. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I fillet it out and fried it up like any other fish.:wink:

14. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Im with ya on that ! older i get closer to the fire i get. I gave up that 10 deg huntin. Ive killed more mid day than any other time anyways. :wink:

15. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    I’ll give ya a hollar John… Just like deer hunting, that first hour of light is the best time, then for what ever reason there’s usually an 11:00 bite for about a half hour… maybe we could tightline for blues in between that time… I can hear it now as the walleye is released into Lake Crisco :wink:

16. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    I would like to get on that walleye list too.....I wouldn't mind a few blues also... If any body needs a fishing partner let me know it looks like mine is a fair weather partner and she is about to lay down on me....I drug her out yesterday but she had on 4 layers of clothes....

17. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    OK, what's your point? It was cold out.:wink:

18. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois

It was cold out. And I am a fair weather fisherwoman. I didn't hear HIM complain about going in early and he certainly left those flowerdy shorts at home.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  19. Andy52

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Scott, I'll give you a shout later as we get closer to the walleye season, your welcome to ride along on a couple of trips if you like. I'll probably start in a couple of weeks and run thru the first part of Dec. with a few days of deer hunting. Then start back up in mid Feb. for the Walleye.
    Be warned though, the most miserable days I've ever spent on the river was walleye fishing, it's durning the most cold and nasty weather here in Missouri. You really have to dress well for it and even then there are times I'll go to the bank and build a fire just to warm up.......:big_smile::big_smile::crazy:

20. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Are we not already in that particular phase? You know, October through March?:wink: