Well Bears....? 16 straight?

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Dmitri, Oct 17, 2006.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thats pretty funny.If they play like they did last night,there's no chance of it.That was a pretty poor game on their part.I still can't believe they came back and won.

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I'd say no chance! They should have lost the Monday night game. I don't think I have ever seen a team give a game away like the Cards did yesterday. Blow a 20-0 lead, blow a 13 pt. lead midway through the 4rth quarter on a fumble return for a TD, then allow a long punt return for a TD and to ice the cake they miss a 40 yd. field goal at the end which would have salvaged the victory! Totally unbelievable!!! Sure you can give the Bears defense lots of credit but Arizona totally self destructed. Rex Grossman was horrible which was surprising because I watched him play a couple weeks ago and he was awesome. The Bears are a real good team but not good enough to go undefeated.

3. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    As a Bears fan I think winning 16 games is slim. look at mondays night game!
    GO BEARS!
    Bill

4. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    35-53 is the combined records of Bears opponents.

7 games against 1 win teams

Look at Chicago opponents records (bold=teams played):
    1-5 Detroit
    1-5 Detroit
    1-5 Arizona
    1-5 Miami
    1-4 Green Bay
    1-4 Green Bay
    1-4 Tampa Bay
    2-4 Buffalo
    2-4 San Francisco
    3-3 New York Jets
    3-2 Minnesota
    3-2 Minnesota
    3-2 New York Giants
    4-2 St. Louis
    4-1 Seattle
    4-1 New England

The Bears have 2 more games until their real test, until then how can we be convinced?:
    W at Green Bay
    W Detroit
    W at Minnesota
    W Seattle
    W Buffalo
    W at Arizona
    bye
    San Francisco
    Miami
    at NY Giants
    at NY Jets
    at New England
    Minnesota
    at St. Louis

Tampa Bay
    at Detroit
    Green Bay

This'll be a great season

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Great post!!! Thats a good way of looking at it.I have a feeling New York will give them their first loss,if they don't blow one before then.I'd love to see a Denver vs. Chicago superbowl.That would be a heckofa game!!!

6. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    at giants at jets at patriots at rams still some tough road games to go .could happen but i dont think so. plus you have the problem of resting players at the end.that could end in disaster trust me being a colts fan i know (last year).they should of got beat last night against the cards but that marks a good team they played like crap and still pulled it off.people will look at last nights game and see what the cards did and try to do the same.eventually some one will get them

7. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Wow talk abotu a cush schedule. They have some very weak opponents this year.

8. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Oh no you didn't. You have a signature under all of your posts that says Go Packers and you're saying the Bears suck.?!>LOL!!!!!! You dug your bed now you have to lay in it. How are the Packers doing?:lol: Not only that but you're from Georgia? At first I thought you were a Falcons fan, which would have been bad enough, but now I see you are Packers fan and that's even worse.HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! By the way the Bears are 6-0!!!!

9. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Undefeated seasons are always nice water cooler discussions, but in truth somebody wasted alot of money on those T-shirts!:0a13: :0a13: :0a13: If it was college football okay, but this is the NFL, which according to history means "Not For Long" when it comes to undefeated seasons. We took this journey last year with the Colts, and were disappointed. There are just too many distractions in modern day football for a team to pull that off, and the focus is on winning the Super Bowl as it should be. If they go 15-0 then MAYBE the organization makes the effort to go perfect, but I don't see that happening. As sorry as some teams appear to be in the league, they will play their best football against the Bears, which was evident by the Cardinals the other night. The thing that is going to give them a few losses is their quarterback position. Rex Grossman isn't Jim McMahon...at least not this year.

Bears in the Super Bowl (maybe), but definitely not undefeated.:cool2:

10. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I agree 100% with you on the fact that the Bears will not go undefeated. I'm the most die hard Colts fan in Indiana, and if any team were to do it anytime soon, it would have been the Colts last year. This year the Colts defense is last in the league in run defense, yet they are still 5-0, but they will lose one soon and I kind of wish they would just to get the "perfect season" hype out of their heads. I think that hurt the Colts last season, hell they had reporters all over the Colts Complex when the Colts were at 10-0, and more and more gathered every week. You're right though Vic, today with all the injuries, going over film, and every other team playing at a different level playing against an undfeated team, it's almost impossible to have a perfect 16-0 season.

11. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I think the Bears r the real deal. Probably won't go 16 straight, but I have to give them their props. They did have a bad game last week, but who doesn't. I like the Bears, their not my team, but wouldn't mind see'n them go all the way. If I'm not mistaken the Dolphins are the only team that has done it, but they didn't play as many games then.

12. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Even with the Bears loosing their first game they will still be in the Super Bowl.