Well... a nice day to end the year

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by breadboy, Jan 1, 2007.

1. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Today I went out to a private lake behind my house, havent fished in about 3 months, because of school + sports, but I ended up with two channel cats over 6 pounds each. I also got a 1 lb crappie earlier off of a crawdad crankbait. Caught the cats off a simple bobber rig used for bream, with redworms. I originally was going to go for panfish, but carp were swimming all over the place and thought I could get one of those or a cat with more bait on the hook. All were caught on my medium-light action 7 foot spinning outfit, my favorite. We had evening plans so after about 30 minutes of fishing I had to pack up and leave. Nice way to end the year I suppose. Happy New Year everyone. I can't wait for the weather to warm up again so the bite is on more often.

2. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Congratulations Kyle, nice way to finish the year off !!

Hope this year starts off even better:wink:

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

3. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks, and same to you! I was suprised that both were that big, but that makes fishing what it is, you never know what you'll catch.

4. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Congrats on the catch - definitely a great way to end the year!

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    breadboy - Way to go finishing up the year with some nice cats! Hope the new year brings you many more!

6. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Congrats Kyle, that's a nice catch for 30 minutes of time. Hope the fishing this year is that good all the time. Thanks for sharing something good with us.