Weldon Springs Yesterday

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by theonecatfishbob, Feb 21, 2007.

1. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Finally got to go to Weldon Springs yesterday. the ice was gone from the river and very little left inside the trail dikes. Went to usual bait hole and all I got was drum from 3 to about 9 inches long so I went fishing with drum. You know when life gives you lemons. In this case it proved to be right. I caught about a 8 pounder in the first 5 minutes. Went on to catch 9 fish total. Caught one more a little over 8 and the rest from 1 1/2 to 5 lbs. I left a couple of places cause we got a tourny down there Sunday morning and I didnt want to hook any more of them than I already had. It was a very enjoyable day on the Mo.

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    sounds like you had a good time bob thanks for sharing and hopefully you will do well sunday

3. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Did you use the drum live or as cut bait?

4. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Thanks for the post Bob....who is running the tourny down there this Sunday? I would like to get in on something like that! Please let me know...I know of a fella that puts on local tourny's the last Sunday of each month through the summer, If I remember correctly the fellas name is "Dink" from Warren County. Is this one in the same? Thanks Bob..

5. cross_their_eyes

cross_their_eyes New Member

State:
    Show Me State
    I'm glad the ice is off!
    Condrats on the catch.

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Nice Job Bob. Congrats on the catch and for sharing the good news. I'll be out on the Ol Miss Friday assuming the misses will let me sneak out for a day. :roll_eyes:

7. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I cut the drum up just like shad. I went again today and was able to get some shad. First hole 5 minutes tops I got a 48 and change lb blue. Went on to catch 7 total. Next biggest was 12lb. blue. Yes that is DInk Luckett. But the weather has us thinking about cancelling. Will make decision tomorrow night after the forecast. I will post results. If we fish we will take off at 7am. So you would need to be there by at least 6:30 so you are ready at takeoff time.

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on the good day out!

9. Gary S.

Gary S. New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Awesome Bob! Thanks for bringing us the good news.

10. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    River Rat and all other interested parties, The Weldon Springs Tourney for this Sunday is postponed to next Sunday the 4th of March. If interested pm me.