Weld-Craft Boats

Discussion in 'Boating' started by DJH1, Apr 27, 2008.

1. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just wondering if anybody owns or has seen a weld-craft jon boat. Recently saw a 1652 at a local boat show w/trailer and 25hp yamaha for a good price. Was really a good looking boat. Got on their website recently and saw that they make a 17'er with a 60" bottom and 26" sides:crazy:.

P.S. I'm pretty sure this is a different company than the one that makes big aluminum jet boats, but I could be wrong.

2. jamesgrogers

jamesgrogers New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I have had a 1542 for about 8 years now and I have got to say that they are very well made boats I am loking at buying another only a little larger than the one I have. the HP rating on my current setup is 25 I have a 25 horse Evenrude on it but it is a 3 cyl model which makes the boat sit low in the stern (the 3 cyl weighs more than a standard 25 horse) I am looking at the cost of adding flotation pods versus selling the boat and trailer minus the motor (strongest running 25 I have ever had) and buying a 1548 model. All that being said I would recomend a Weld-craft to anyone.

3. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    I have a 1748 weld craft. Have had it for 3 yrs. No problems, it is a well made boat, rated for 70 hp, but I run a 50, I really like it, but like all boats, it is 2 ft too short and a foot too narrow.

Jim