Weld Count Area?

Discussion in 'COLORADO LAKES TALK' started by BACKWOODSBOY350, May 2, 2008.

1. BACKWOODSBOY350

BACKWOODSBOY350 New Member

State:
    COLORADO
    DOES ANYONE FISH WELD COULNT OR THE LOVELAND LONGMONT AREA

2. Water Wolf

Water Wolf New Member

State:
    Colorado
    I haven't fished that area, but would try it if you have some tips. I live in Parker and just haven't fished the area. I have driven through heading to the Poudre Canyon.

3. BACKWOODSBOY350

State:
    COLORADO
    ON A PASS THREW TRIP I WOULD SAY LAKE LOVELAND IN WARMER WEATHER THE FISHIN IS KINDA SLOW BUT THE CATS HAVE A REALLY GOOD AVERAGE SIZE OF AROUND 6 TO 8 PUONDS ITS EASY FISHIN AND EASY TO FIND

4. Parasite

Parasite New Member

State:
    N.Colorado
    Yeh and the carp are beasts.

5. BACKWOODSBOY350

State:
    COLORADO
    YEAH THEY ARE ALOT OF FUN I HAVE A TOURNAMENT THIS SATURDAY AND ITS ANY SPIESIES GOES SO IM CARPIN LOL

6. BACKWOODSBOY350

State:
    COLORADO
    WELL I TOOK SECOND . DAD BEAT ME AGAIN LOL

7. gr8wtnorth

gr8wtnorth New Member

State:
    colorado/alaska
    Try Dixon or Wellington #4 in the Fort C area. We've been making good catches at Dixon this past month. Average around 5 to 8 pounds. Seems like Beef liver is the best producer with mussels a close second there. Mussels and shrimp at #4. A 28# cat was caught at #4 recently but it was caught by a guy trolling a Rapala. Duane at Betty's Bait and Tackle caught a 18# fish there as well. We fish it three or four times a week. Drop out some night and look for the big "box Ford" usually down by the dam.
    Ace

8. Sasquatch_24

Sasquatch_24 New Member

State:
    Colorado
    I know of a couple good spots in Boulder County in Longmont. Longmont is about 20 miles west of Firestone, if you know where that is. Golden Ponds produces some fairly large catfish, but its artificial flies and lures only. McCalls lake is a pretty good one for small to average sized cats. I've caught anywhere from half a pound to ten pound catfish in there. Bait IS legal, but im not sure they let you fish it at night anymore. Union Resivior on County Line Rd produces catfish in the 10-20 pound range and night fishing is legal. You won't have much luck without a boat though. There is a fee to enter the park, but a year long membership is fairly inexpensive.

9. BACKWOODSBOY350

State:
    COLORADO
    YEAH I HAVE HEARD UNION IS DOING PREETY GOOD THIS YEAR AND HAVNT GOTTEN THERE YET BUT I HAVENT GOTTEN ANYWHERE HARDLY I AM PLANNIN TO GO TO LAKE LOVELAND SOON ND I WILL LET YOU KNOW ON HOW IT TURNS OUT

10. Sasquatch_24

Sasquatch_24 New Member

State:
    Colorado
  11. BACKWOODSBOY350

State:
    COLORADO
    HAD A GOOD TIME WITH NO LUCK THE CATTIN IS VERY SLOW RIGHT NOW . IT HAS BEEN A STRANGE YEAR THOUGH SEEMS LIKE MOST FISHING IS RUNNING ABOUT A MONTH BEHIND . DUE TO LATER TEMP. HIGHS . IF ANYONE HAS ANY GOOD NEWS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO FILL ME IN .

12. BACKWOODSBOY350

State:
    COLORADO
    HAS ANYONE USED THE NEW ZEBCO HAWG SEEKER ? IT IS A NEW SET UP WITH LIGHTS AND A ELECTRONIC STRIKE ALARM . I WAS JUST CURIOUS HOW IT HAS BEEN WORKIN?

13. Parasite

Parasite New Member

State:
    N.Colorado
    Hey, what do you know about tourneys? I'm interested to try a few.

14. BACKWOODSBOY350

State:
    COLORADO
    I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING ON ANY CAT TOURNIES IN COLORADO BUT I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO GET INVOLVED IN SOME . I KNOW THERE ARE BASS TOURNIES HERE OFTEN

15. Sasquatch_24

Sasquatch_24 New Member

State:
    Colorado
    What bass tourneys have you heard about? I mostly target largemouths. I usually go bass fishing 2-3 days a week. I would really love to enter a tournament and see how i do.

16. BACKWOODSBOY350

State:
    COLORADO
    ITS THE BIG BASS WOUD CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNY YOU FIND APPS IN BASS MAGAZINE AND ITS DONE BY LOCATION AND ITS PRETTY GOOD ITS BEEN A WHILE BUT I HAD GOOD LUCK RAN BY SIZE PER STATE SO YOU ONLY GO AGAINS COLORADO AND IT YOU RANK YOU MOVE UP TO FINALS AND IT GETS INTO POSIBLE TRAVEL AND COMP. TOURNYS. YOU CAN ALSO GOOGLE SEARCH "BASS TOURNAMENTS IN COLOORADO" IT PULLS UP SOME

17. Sasquatch_24

Sasquatch_24 New Member

State:
    Colorado
  18. BACKWOODSBOY350

State:
    COLORADO
    NO PROBLEM ANYHTING ELSE LET ME KNOW