Welcome to Michael Chandler

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by Mac-b, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    We welcome Michael Chandler (catfishrus) to the Carolinas Catfish Club. Bro. Michael is an old member of the BOC and a very good catter. He has demonstrated over the years that he has the same objectives as the CCC and is a welcome addition to the Club. Michael, we look forward to working with you in the future to reach our goal of protecting trophy blues on Badin Lake and Lake Norman. United we stand, divided we fall. Mac

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Mac that is great yall have deffitenatly got a true catfisherman with Micheal. He has been very helpful to me and I know that he will bring a ton of knowledge to the CCC.

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    WELCOME ABOARD!!!

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey guys i just wanted yal to know that joining the club is really starting to pay off. i took my wifes uncle(bob) out last night for some catfishing. i been sending some emails of my catches all year and he was so excited about going. the weather wasnt perfect last night with the windy conditions but we had a ball. bob caught 17 fish last night with me. i let him do all the catching since he had never caught a fish bigger than 5lbs and hes in his young 60s. we set a goal of 30lbs to start the night off. he caught 16 flatheads and 1 blue with his bigger fish being 15,15,17,20,20,22,25,29,32. we missed a few too but who cares....right?:smile2: this made my year to see him catch so many nice fish. gives a man a good feeling about sharing what you know with others and i know thats what the ccc is all about so i thought i would share this story with you guys since you welcomed me in with open arms. heres some pictures

p.s any of you guys debating about joining better get in on it. only folks in town looking to protect our great fisheries in a group effort and willing to share information with those willing to learn the sport.

Attached Files:

5. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    good job,thats a great night on the water right there,thanks for sharing:wink:,i bet he is raring to go back already:big_smile:

6. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Hell of an outing right there, he should be hooked now.

7. bobs bait

bobs bait New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey this is bobs bait just wanted to say welcome mac is a good teacher hope to learn how to fish for cats mostly striper fish now bob

8. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Excellent catch, your partners smile in the photo's tells it all. Ain't it nice to have a perfect night when you take somebody out? Mac

9. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Micheal you can call me uncle Bob if I can have a night like that.JK Great job and you can deffitanetly tell in those pics he had a great time.

10. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    took uncle bob bad out tonight for a another try at the 40lber but it wasnt to be. he had to settle with another 32. dog gone the bad luck huh? he also got a 27 tonight. he caught one that had a broke lower jaw bone. never seen that before...a sure enough one of kind for sure. it was a old break and healed up. well uncle bob is off to his wintering hole in texas but i sure did enjoy fishing with him and sharing stories on life in general. taught him a few things about catfishing. i think bob will be spending a few nights on the banks in texas looking for a big catfish. we took so many pictures the first night i thought he was getting remarried. well he has a book full of memories to share. i told him tonight that without a picture it was just all lies when it comes to fishing.

11. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Gearhead and his fishing partner and our own Catfishrus are the lead story in the Nov. 8, 2007 sports section of the Charlotte Observer/Sports section by Tom Higgins. Way to go Dowd (gearhead) and Cole. Same to catfishrus and rookie12. Mac