Welcome Tarheelers

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Mark J, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I can't wait to get the North Carolina threads going.
    We have seen a nice flow of new North Carolina members the last several months. :eek:

2. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Same here mark.Ran into 2 guys friday at a store who saw the logo and wanted cards. They told they fished the area a lot.

3. Southernraised84

Southernraised84 New Member

State:
    Fayettnam, North Carolina
    I cant wait till i figure this new place out....lol. That and i have been talking to alot of people here in nam about the old B.O.C so hopefully we should be getting some new NC people. I was asked by a pretty girl at a stoplight about the decal i have on my truck and i told her where to go to find out about it she said she loved to catfish as well...should have asked for her number...lol

4. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    hello!!!!!......not going to catfish unitill friday......lets see some reports...thanks mack

5. Splorndle

Splorndle New Member

What does a guy gotta do to get a cap and shirt?

6. Southernraised84

State:
    Well i know on the old site you went to the B.O.C store. But i belive you go to the catfish connection at the top of the page. Hope this Helps

7. Splorndle

Splorndle New Member

Nope. The connection has no BOC shirt...I am in serious need.

8. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    the BOC store isn't up and running yet. Give Betty a little time she'll "git-r-done"
    Nc members, don't forget to check out the gathering thread for the next gathering.

9. ray

ray New Member

State:
    wilkesboro,NC
    hi, i am in wilkes co. nc,just started catfishing this year,i really enjoy it,these posts has helped me out alot thanks, by the way this is my first time here so hello everyone

10. yellowcat

yellowcat New Member

State:
    Hot springs, NC
    Ray,
    Glad to see another western NC member. Where do you fish normally and welcome to the BOC.

11. Southernraised84

State:
    Welcome to the B.O.C!!! glad to see more NC members.If you need help with anything just ask were more then happy to help.

12. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Ray, welcome to the "new" BOC! Like tristan told ya, ask away.
    Make sure ya check out the NC gathering thread. We're plannin 1 for end of september. Be great to have a huge one.
    Any questions, feel free to pm ME OR EMAIL OR POST.
    :happ-big:

13. playinghooky

playinghooky New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hello every one im from union county. planning on doing alot of catfishing in the state

14. maliki

maliki New Member

State:
    Statesville, NC
    I live in statesville, NC. I been fishing for cats for years but just starting to get really serious about it now that I found this site. I really need some help figuring out better ways to rig my lines and bait type for these bigger cats you all catching from the banks. Oh yeah, Im brand new to site.

15. yellowcat

yellowcat New Member

State:
    Hot springs, NC
    Playing Hooky and Maliki, It's always a pleasure to welcome more NC members to the BOC. I hope you find eveything you are looking for and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask them. Just try to be as specific as you can so that we can respond with helpful info. As far as rigging goes there are a couple of threads already started on the subject that should be helpful. If they still don't answer your question just let us know and we will be glad to help.

16. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    If you guys are looking for good catting waters the Yadkin river chain offers the best in the state. Highrock for flats and channels, Tuckertown for flats and Badin and Tillery for big blues and gaint flats. Couldn't ask for any better water to fish.

17. Southernraised84

State:
    Never fished the Yadkin river.I have heard that High rock has some nice ones.I personally think that the Cape Fear is one of the best places in NC for Moster cats i have seen some huge ones pulled from there on a regular basis.

18. yadkinangler

yadkinangler New Member

Yadkin county here. Good to see some folks not too far away.

Maliki, are you bank fishing Norman at the state park? Isn't that kind more of separate lake and not the Lake proper? Anyway, you might try fishing not so far from the bank near that structure. At the community pond where I fish, they are coming closer to the bank in the evenings. Gus's Norman report this week also indicated they are not in as deep water right now: "Catfish are on bottom in water twenty five feet or less". They also were hitting better on the evenings before the cooler days we had (Tues. & Thurs.). I am hoping the same will be true tomorrow evening and Tues. morning when the next cool front starts moving in. Might be a great time to hit the park.

19. Southernraised84

State:
    Welcome to the B.O.C Yadkin!! Dont forget ot check out the BOC gathering thread.We are planning on haveing a NC gathering comeing up soon and would love to have ya there.

20. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Hey Yadkinangler which lakes do fish? If you really want bigger fish stick with badin or Tillery. Highrock has some nice flats but not the real trophies. 30-60lb blues on badin are pretty common.