Welcome Scott (RollTideRoll) and Marc (stumpjumper)

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by bumper, Sep 14, 2007.

1. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I just wanted to welcome you guys to the BOC, the best catfishing site by far. Marc, you had a couple questions, so here goes. Yes, there are flatheads in West Point and up the Chattahoochee(I believe the lake record is over 30 lbs., search "West Point" on the GA lakes forum, or maybe baitshop 2 can tell you). Also, I haven't been on the Coosa since May or June, but my Dad caught a nearly 35 lb. flathead last time we were there. Scott, all I can say is GO DAWGS!:big_smile: Good luck fishin' guys.

2. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Sorry Marc, I just seen where your join date was Nov. '05. I just looked at the post count and assumed you were new, my bad.

3. Roll Tide Roll

Roll Tide Roll New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I am shorebound, no boat, and looking for some information on how to get around the Coosa to start landing some of the Monster blues I have been reading about. I have cut my teeth fishing the farm ponds in Alabama, around my grandfathers farm and all his farming buddies properties. Pulled lot of 10-20 lb cats out those little holes.

Just so long as you don't say "WAR EAGLE!" or start singing Rocky Top.

:smile2:

4. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    There are only 2 bridges that cross the Coosa between the lock and dam and the state line. The first is just a mile or two downstream from the lock and dam off Black's Bluff Rd.(same rd. lock is on). The other bridge is the GA Hwy. 100 bridge farther down near the town of Coosa. Try looking on www.gofishgeorgia.com and you should be able to find more info on fishing the Coosa River.

5. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    west point lake record flat is 33lb 12 oz caught last year i have a new post for west point going on today if i get it done look for it its going to be a good
    blue cat is 201/4 caught this spring....:big_smile:

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    David,

Where did you get that monster blue? That thing is huge. How much did it weigh? Also, thanks for the information. I just have not been having much luck in GA for flatheads. I've had most my success on the Coosa.

7. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    The big blue in my avatar wieghed 82 lbs. (so said scales in boat, I thought was a little bigger) and was caught from the TN River. The TN River is unbelievable for numbers and size of blue cats. I would say the Coosa is the best place in NW GA for catfish. As for flatheads, my family and I have caught them over 30 lbs. from the Oostanaula and Coosa, but we mostly catch blues. Good luck fishin'.

8. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    "war eagle fly down the field,
    always to conquer,
    never to yield"

welcome to the boc. its prolly not your fault you are an alabama fan, most ppl are born that way and dont know any better. jk