Weird Things That We Do When Fishing!!!???

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by CatFuStyle, May 21, 2008.

1. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    I thought this could be funny and entertaining with all the seriousness going on here lately.

So whats the lil quirks, rituals, weird things, habits that you might do when heading out fishing, while fishing, etc...

for some reason when im fishing i have to have my poles sitting a certain way after casted out.

I always have to have a towel in my right back pocket.

the best: right before i cut the head off my cut bait for some reason i always say sorry lil feller but u might get me a biggun!!!

so whats yalls????

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I have a certain pair of socks I like to wear at every tournament I fish.

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    My fishing buddy up north, catmandan123 and I, will make up silly new nicknames for catfish. We also make up little poems and rhymes. Gets pretty goofy late at night :smile2:

4. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    One of my buddies and me only seem to have really good luck when one of use buys some peanut butter crackers and gives some to the other one.

5. SVTFisherman

SVTFisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio - West Chester
    Once I get my rods set.. I tend to go through my well organized tackle box... over and over. Then once I'm satisfied nothing has moved, I'll call the girlfriend, an old friend etc... Seems that if I ignore my poles, they cats come. Many fights have started with the girls after a few "hello.. .hey it's me... hey I uh.... oh wait gotta go, fish on!" <CLICK>... for some reason they get annoyed?

I also tend to make myself have more bait than I'll ever need.. there are days where baiting is more exciting than catfishing.

Lastly, I make sure that the second I get to my spot, I am able to throw bait on and cast my rods.. I hate having to set up while looking at the water...

6. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I thought of another, which I am sure a lot of other folks here do as well. When I am ready to leave I will pack up every single possible thing that I have, set it all down and ready to load out, then reel in my lines after standing there about 5-10 extra minutes.

7. Steveng79

Steveng79 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I second that one. Hard to leave sometimes.

Just five more mins.....

8. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    After I cast out my lines, I have to make sure all the poles are lined up just right in the rod holders. If I do catch a fish, then I redo the things I was doing right before I caught that fish. For example, if I had my hood up on my sweatshirt, I will put my hood back up.

Another thing I do...after I put the bait on the hook, I always dip the bait in the water before I cast out. A good luck dip!

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I never get the pliers out of the tackle bag until I catch something, thats bad juju.

10. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    well when i ususally cast out ill reel in about 10 foot of line then ill ususally let it back out. dont know why but i always seem to catch fish.

11. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    one of the things i doe is before i even throw a line in the water, i have a drink with the fishing "gods". be it beer, coffee, water, soda or whatever. they always get the taste over the sides first.
    also, like to have the poles just so so in pole holders if possible.
    gary

12. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    Usually catch myself saying "Fishy Fishy in the brook won't ya bite my stinking hook" never works.

13. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i always talk to myself and the fish.i will call people,just to ignore my poles.

14. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    isnt it odd, alot of us all do the ignore the poles trick even i do that ill walk away, the odd thing about this is it works more than it doesnt work and with so many people doing the same thing and it working, i think weve stumbled onto something!!!!:smile2:

15. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    drink carona and eat sunflower seeds!!!!

16. catfishbrett

catfishbrett New Member

State:
    Steubenville,Ohio
    i tend to look at my poles more often than not.i also check my line often making sure it isn't catching on anything on shore or boat that will stop my drag.once lost a pole because something stoped my spool from spinning.

17. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    What about going "Here kitty kitty kitty" when they ain't biting

18. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    I start the "here kitty, kitty" as soon as I get to my spot. Then I set up in this order. Rod holders out, open beer, bait rods, cast rods, finish beer, then set up rest of gear.

19. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i do the ol' pack everything else up and reel in last, but i also do this wierd thing where i pick up the pole, gently feel the line and count to 15 before i reel it in...sometimes i wait a few seconds longer until it feels right. i probably caught 6 or 7 fish last year doing that, got all the bites on number 15 too.

20. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Adjust rods just right, put in a dip, spit and say here fishy fishy fishy. Every time doing it the sameway.