weird things found or caught while fishing

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by thecatman, Dec 14, 2009.

1. thecatman

thecatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    what is the weirdest or most peculiar thing you have seen while fishing or even caught while fishing just wanted to see some responses after todays bait fishing trip

2. head hunter

head hunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    caught a muskie on chicken livers ,,
    caught a duck on bread ball while carp fishing,,
    watched 3 deer swim across the lake one time,, and,
    walked up on a couple getting jiggy with it on a creek bank,,

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Caught a snake on a fly fishing for bluegills.

4. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I was catfishing one night and I was reeling one in that felt like a whopper, when I got it in it was a small cat wrapped around an old bucket.

5. LMAO!! Funny stuff guys!:big_smile:

I caught an old beer can, and somebody's anchor line with anchor still attached.:eek:oooh:

And, I am very proud to say my daughters never caught a used rubber on a fishing trip and used it as bait.:cool2:

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Been a thread on the same subject but I'll post again.:wink:

Once I caught my glasses while fishing with a treble hook. About 2 weeks before they had fallen out of my pocket in 11 ft of water at my dock. They were still good as new.

7. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    In 1977 at a lake west of Marissa Illinois my father and his buddy was out getting frogs . They came upon a hand that had been smooth cut off some sorry s.o.b. They called the police and the police later found the body of a black man from Sparta Illinois near by in the feeder creek , he was missing both hands .

The story on it and I wont mention any names , was that the guy tried to rape a woman that was from Marissa Illinois and her brothers and a few others caught the guy . They cut his hands off and then shot him . One of the brothers later ran for mayor of Marissa...lol

The papers read that the man was fishing and died of a heart attack and after laying in the woods for 3 days the coyotes ate off his hands...lol
    The left hand was never found , guess it was fish bait or the turtles ate it .

Trust me , what the papers wrote was b.s.
    I grew up around these men and they was good friends of my fathers .:wink:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  8. tangell88

tangell88 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    i caught a digital camera at a dam a few weeks ago

9. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    i hung a beaver in the tail......man what a fight....:eek:oooh:

10. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Wierd or stupid things I'VE DONE while fishing.

Caught a duck on an ultra-light with a beetle. Lost the beetle and line.

Casted AT a cow while floating the river. Got it in the rear end. Lost my plug and lots of line. The cow didn't think it was as funny as my buddy and I did.

I purposely whacked a hornet's nest hanging over the water with a paddle while floating the river with my uncle. They ate both of us up. My uncle wanted to kill what was left of me.

Caught myself in the back of my head.

Caught several snakes. Really neat till it's time to get them in the boat.

A lot more stuff like this.

11. head hunter

head hunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    hell ,,I think this quallifies as HARD CORE,,,,,LMAO,,

12. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    I caught a stringer full of gills a couple of times. They were mine and they got away so I snagged the stringer and reeled them up. I caught an old fishing pole too.

13. thecatman

thecatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    well before today i had caught 6v batteries rod n' reels and other miscellanious crap but today i was walking a creek bank throwin the net for some bait to fish with and walked up on these 2 gettin busy so to speak needless to say not what i expected to come across fishing behind a school

14. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I once caught a set of false teeth:crazy:.

15. Smokin

Smokin New Member

State:
    Ca
    caught a womens bra. Guess it got tossed into the river and I was the lucky one to snag it when reeling back in.

16. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Wanna sell em :big_smile_2:?

17. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro

Sorry John, Someone else had already turned them loose, thought I would too.

18. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    A blue herron on a lucky 13, a nasty bird when you get him in the boat, puked up lots of stinky fish in the boat

19. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    one time i was out on the creek fishing and drinking booze with all my girlfreinds,i hooked into what i thoght was a big channelcat but wen i was fighting it i reeled it up and it was a blob of gell, we looked and smelled it ,never seen anything like it ,funny thing is their must of been a fish on and it got into the gell,then one time i was at the dam fishing with a worm going after bait and ect,hooked a drum but wile fighting it i felt a bigger tap and my drag was slipping got it up to the bank a big musky had the drum in its mouth,i never got the musky it let go leaving the drums head :smile2:

20. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hey Slikk03,,, if I can talk Floundahman into selling me those false teeth, maybe I could get you to "fix me up" with one of them girl friends, :big_smile_2::big_smile_2::big_smile_2: