weird/scary night fishing

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by pendog66, Sep 10, 2009.

1. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    tonight i decided to go for a couple hours. I started out at one spot just to decide the water was too high and went to another. (Mistake 1) When i got to the other spot all i found was chicken liver containers everywhere, to anyone who doesnt know. Chicken livers at a spot that your going to fish cutbait is hell because of turtles. I only stayed 10 minutes when my first run was a turtle. So i went back to the first spot again and yet again turtles. so i moved to spot 3

This is where the scary part starts, this certain spot i have always had a eerie feeling whenever im there. Even when i am fishing with another person. I get there and hook up with a 9 pound flathead immediately, which i was happy but PO'd because i wasted all my big bait at the other two spots. I ended up missing 4 runs after that, im thinking they were channels. As the bite started to slow i could hear russling in the woods behind me. Which i just thought was deer, and where i was fishing is a good 15 minute walk in the woods. So i decided to pack up and leave, i got about half way when i got the feeling i was being watched. I looked to my left and saw nothing, then i heard a knocking to my right. I turned around and looked, and staring me in the eyes was big pair of pure yellow eyes. Being in Wildlife i have seen pretty much all animals at night. Bears, deer, racoons, cats, dogs, coyotes etc. But never before have i seen this color of eyes. I froze for a minute and then let out a yell to try to spook it. And to my surpise it growled at me:eek:oooh: . So i started get a little anzy, i started walking again occasionally looking back. Whatever it was it was following me. To the point now it was on the trail about 10 yards behind. I dont usually scare easy out in the woods but when yellow eyes are the size of me, i kinda freaked (im 6'4") I hurried back to my truck, threw the rods in the back and fired the truck up. As im peeling out i can still see the eyes in the treeline. I definately dont think im going to fish there again by myself, unless i have my trusty 45

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have read hundreds of bigfoot reports on the internet, and alot of describe the knocking noise you heard..Many people that investigate bigfoot sightings, Ohio has more people looking for bigfoot than any state, believe that sasquatch communicte by knocking tree limbs together, or knocking them on trees...No Joke!

I would not fish there alone even with a gun.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nate if that happened to me I dont think I could have even walked out.

My legs would have been shaking so bad, I think I would have fell over.

That is some scary stuff.

4. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Oh brother, not the Bigfoot thing again....:smile2::smile2:
    Nate, I am with you, have had some eeerie nights out by myself and generally prefer for more then the obvious safety reasons to fish with other folks at night. I guess I am just a big sissy.:wink:

Salmonid

5. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    No way in hell I'd have went down there!!
    Even if I was on a yacht with 10 others and all of us were packin'!!
    I'll fish at night , but choose my spots carefully based upon certain factors such as whether or not it is in the woods , who is there with me , etc. I had gotten to one spot an hour before sunrise , gotten out of the car , and kept hearing these footsteps coming toward me. Shining a light , I saw nothing. Even the high beams proved futile. As much as I was dying to fish there in the dark , I sat in the car until dawn. It probably wouldn't have mattered anyway because I stayed on that lake for 12 hours , and didn't even get a bite:smile2::smile2:!!

6. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Bigfoot is just lonely and wants to make friends. Next time bring some good food and a few beers and sit and wait for him.:big_smile:

7. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    it was Mellon. heard he went Rabid and is on the loose....

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Should have offered up a toke maybe you were looking in a mirror at your yellow eyes:wink::smile2:

9. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I caught bigfoot once but I thought I should catch and release so he could spawn. I didn't have my camera that night. :smile2:

10. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Whatever it was wouldn't have been able to catch me cause he would have been slipping and sliding in my "wake":smile2::smile2::smile2: Stay safe and keep adequate protection close at hand!!!:wink:

11. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    I had a mountain lion stalking me once while fishing in Calif. They do most of their hunting at night. Looks like you coulda been dinner !

12. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    he probably was going to tell you where the fish were and you yelled at him and pissed him off

13. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    I'm guessing it was probably just Skip (Sman). You apparently discovered one of his favorite bank spots and you woke him from his nap in the woods. Skip's eyes would more likely be red than yellow though so i can't be a hundred proof..i mean PERCENT certain.:wink:

14. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    my g/f got on here and read the post and started laughing saying i was just being paranoid. This coming from the girl that took off running in the woods when her clicker started screaming:confused2:

i might go back and investigate today or tonight, steve wants to fish so atleast i will have a 6'7" 350 pound bear with me:smile2:

15. Steph

Steph New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    Im guna go and catch him!!!!!:cool2:

16. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Always been a safer fishing trip when you go in pairs. Four eyes are better then two same as it goes with arms. As for a bigfoot that's not gonna happen. With all the modern technologies, there has never been any dna found it is highly unlikely.

Whatever you ran into however I'm like splitsville! Seeing that I'd say Gotta run cya.

17. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'm ready to try out this spot when you are. :smile2:
    I don't carry a spotlight with me for no reason.
    I always make sure my night fishing trips can turn into a very well lit area quickly.

18. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    last night almost turned into a blairwitch project 3, good thing the cameras werent on lol

19. cavereric

cavereric New Member

State:
    Austin,Texas
    Next time bring a big net and some jack links beef jerky. Seriously if you think it was a big foot fill out a report at this web site. http://www.bfro.net/

20. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    Every time I go to a creek, it seems I always hear some weird noise; I know an owl scared the heck out of me one time. Always makes me think about my knife, and then I wish I was packing.