Weird Pets.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Angler Ace, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
  2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks Ace. Gotta pass that on.

3. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Thats a good story. I've got a weird dog, does that count? :eek:oooh:

4. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    When I was 5 I found this chick, didnt know what type it was, so I kept it and fed it. It was a fighting rooster, and that thing followed me around for about 2 years, couldnt get out in the yard without it following me. I think it thought it was a parrot, the dang thing would get on my shoulder and sit there. Then one day it came up missing, I figure it was someones dinner...

5. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    You must have treated him good Gary, at least it wasn't you who had him for supper.

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good one! Thanks John.

My brother once had a Raven that he made into a pet. He had taken it from the nest. That Raven was quite a thief. Finally someone must have shot it for it disappeared. Later he got a rattlesnake that he kept for many years... it never made a good pet. :smile2:

I had 2 pet coons when I was a kid. My dad was a coon hunter and had killed their mother.

7. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    My sister-inlaw had a 3 foot long Iguana. It bit her on the nose, and she had to have fifteen stitches. I don't know what she did with it, but I would have BBQed it. LOL.

8. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    dose my ol lady count?:smile2:

9. justaredneck

justaredneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    i had a king cobra and a couple of rattlesnakes that were mine, and when i worked at a snake shop we had large moniters, alligaters, crocidiles a couple of 20ft reticulated and african rock pythons with several smaller ones. mambas, death adders and all kinds of other venimous snakes. most people find that pretty strange. i just think someones got to take care of them. most people buy them because they think its cool until it comes time to feed them, give them water and clean thier cage. and then let them die because thier to scared to take care of them. sad really.

10. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    If she sees your post Andrew, you might be in the Dog House. :smile2:

11. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Had a Squirrel monkey. Raised 3 baby coons. Raised a grey squirrel. Chipmunks, Ground hog, Baby Snapping turtles, Red Tail Hawk, Rats, Mice, Every type of snake and lizard that was native to our area and a few that were not.
    I had so many critters as pets I can't remember them all. Even raised a pack of 5 baby coyotes one summer.

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ace thanks for sharing a neat video. Reps. Enjoyed.

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Several Years ago,While working as a backhoe operator I had a ditch dug ,about 40' long ,two young halfgrown Kangaroo rats were running from one end to the other.I caught them ,one got away before the end of my shift,But the other tamed somewhat easily.We bought a gerbil hut for him. He would sleep all day and run like hell on the squirrel cage ALL NITE :smile2:
    Had it for a summer ,Then turned it loose in the fall.

14. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    Alan, when I was small I knew a guy who had a pet SQUIRREL. The squirrel whould go where ever this guy went. He would crawl all over him , even under his shirt, LOL, Must of had to declaw him to be able to do that, kinda like ARNOULD's pet ferrel in the movie KINDERGARTEN COP.

15. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I absolutely love that video and story :smile2:

Just took laptop in to show daughter, who has raised her own ducks straight from the incubator... each and every one of them thinking he/she is a puppy and not waterfowl... lol.

Thanks, John! Really enjoyed this one :tounge_out:

Carolyn

16. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    I hope your daughter enjoyes it too Carolyn.

17. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    The weirdest pet that I have had would be an artic fox. Gotta keep a close eye on them litte things they sure do like to tear stuff up. lol.

18. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank you for this wonderful post. I certainly enjoyed it. Very cute lil duck riding in the truck.:smile2::cool2:

19. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I had a pet squirrel when I was in high school. Those wind breakers with the zippered pouch in front were "in" back then. I'd put some toilet paper in there and he would make a nest. I took him to school and everywhere. A few years earlier I caught a huge snapping turtle. My Dad drilled a hole in the back of the shell and put a steel ring in it. We kept it chained up in the back yard all summer and turned it loose in the fall so it could hibernate. It loved hamburgers and hot dogs.

20. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I had a pet squirrel when I was in high school. Those wind breakers with the zippered pouch in front were "in" back then. I'd put some toilet paper in there and he would make a nest. I took him to school and everywhere. A few years earlier I caught a huge snapping turtle. My Dad drilled a hole in the back of the shell and put a steel ring in it. We kept it chained up in the back yard all summer and turned it loose in the fall so it could hibernate. It loved hamburgers and hot dogs.