Weird...Just Weird

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by alands94, Jun 2, 2007.

1. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Alright - yesterday I fishing below the Carlyle Lake dam for flatheads and large channels. I was using a typical Carolina rig setup: 2 ounce bank sinker, swivel, 12" leader, and a 6/0 Kahle hook with a 6# live shad. I toss it out, and a few seconds later my clicker is screaming. When I set the hook, all heck breaks loose. About 5 minutes later, I pull a 16# Asian Carp out of the water. It is certainly not odd to snag these things since they are everywhere, but something wasn't right. The fish was snagged in the side with a huge treble hook (I was using a Kahle). My sinker, swivel, leader, and hook were gone. Upon closer inspection, my line was not even tied to the treble hook, but jammed up under two of the tines. My guess is that this fish had been snagged previously and broken off, swam into my line, my line ran under the 3 tines of the treble hook and when I set the hook I broke my line and jammed the line into the treble. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it.

2. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Man I wish you had a picture, that'd be crazy to see! Did you try to snag one yourself with the treble??:lol:

3. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Aaron, now that's what I'd call a "Fluke" :lol:

Let's see ya do that again!! :cool2: Very cool!

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

No he said asian carp not a fluke. LOL! Thats a winter flounder.

5. mullyden

mullyden New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge , L
    You better go out and buy that lottery ticket tonight:lol: May you have a lucky streak in the making!!!

6. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Well you know the saying, theres one than one way to skin a cat..well theres obviously more than one way to catch a fish as well. :lol: Thanks for sharing with us.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    That is one for the record books. (Mystery Record Book) Was you born with that luck or did your bride give it to you? Thanks for sharing.:cool2::wink:

8. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Like you said. Weird----just weird!!

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Did you chop him up for bait? I think I would have!:smile2:

10. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Sounds like a lot of bait. And you got a new hook too.lol

11. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    that is weird, I was down at the river yesterday snagging buffalo, and on my first cast with a 12/0 treble, I snagged one and he took it to the bottom and within seconds had me hung. I lost the hook and the buff, but who knows if he is alive, probably got away though.

12. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Yes, I filleted and gutted him, so I should have plenty of cut bait for awhile. I do still have the hook with a few inches of line attached. I'll post a pic for y'all.

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Aaron - That is bizarre! :crazy:I guess we never know whats gonna happen when we toss our lines in the water!:eek:oooh:

14. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    hmm.. you dont hear that everyday do you