Weird catches

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by ole whiskers, Aug 2, 2008.

1. ole whiskers

ole whiskers Guest

What are some of things you have caught while fishing for catfish?

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    A condom. They are popular up here in the Delaware. LOL!

3. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas
    Crabs! Not weird to me but maybe to many.

4. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Yesterday while fishing for Catfish in the Red River (Fargo North Dakota) my fishing partner sheila hooked and eventually reeled in a very large freshwater clam or mussel.

It weighed at least 5lb's, and the inside shell was a brillant purple. And we caught 2 cats using the meat for bait. :)

Species caught so far this year fishing for cats.
    Northern Pike (aprox 4 lb) Walleye, Goldeye, Drum or sheepshead, Redhorse sucker, Carp (lots of them 5lb and up)

We don't have shad up here, I suspect the really big cats eat Goldeyes. They probably average 3/4 to 1.5 lbs, long flat, and deep but fairly thin. Kind of like a crappie stretched out long. Pieces of cut goldeye will almost always catch cats if they are around and biting at all.

5. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I caught a coffee cup on a pier in the Pacific once, heck of fight with the tide going out. Thought about having it mounted but never did.

6. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    I caught a mudpupy or dogfish or somethin. Like a lizard with gills. Nasty creature.

7. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    When I was 13, I was sent to stay with my older brother who was stationed at Minot A.F.B.. My brother and I were out fishing one day and I too caught a mussel. Must be a North Dakota thing.
    Once when I was fishing for bluegill I caught a goldfish.

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Me in a buddy of mine were fishing a 3 biggest fish tournament and had 2 decent blues in the boat but they just wernt biting at all and we needed 1 more fish for our limit. We set up in the next to last hole with only 1 hour left in tment my rod loaded up big time and I picked it up and the fight was on. I told him it was a good fish and he was ready to boat it for me. When it finnally made its way beside the boat it was someones work boot. I could have swore that thing was fighting back.:smile2: I told him we ought to bring it to the weigh-in to see if they would way it. He still gives me a hard time about it.:big_smile:

9. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You should have hooked it through the lip and threw it back out on a short leader! flathead love em'...

10. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    ewwwww. do they itch ? They make some sort of blue ointment that gets rid of em'!
    :smile2:

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have caught both bass on shad,and walleye on nightcrawlers while fishing for catfish.

12. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas
    Heh! I was waiting for that.

13. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I cought a stingray at the 3.6 mile marker on the Alabama which is about 50 miles inland

14. fuman80

fuman80 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i got a fresh water clam to bite down on my weight lol cant believe my weight landed right in its mouth

15. reloader1220_270

reloader1220_270 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hookeda dead 4 pointer once

16. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Once, while we were fishing together, my cousin caught a small pig skeleton. I was 6. It freaked me out at first, then I just about died laughing.

17. FishinPhil

FishinPhil New Member

State:
    Illinois

That's weird, I caught one of those salmon fishing in Lake Michigan once. Hit a K.O. Wobbler spoon. :smile2:

18. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I was fishing the Ohio River once and wanted to freshen up my bait. When I started to reel in I knew I had something but it was not fighting much. First blond wig I ever caught...thank the Lord the owner wasn't attached!!

19. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    one time i hooked a sinker through the eye, the sinker was attatched to a line and i wound up with a nice spoon, sont know why someone put a sinker on when they were using a spoon but o well, still kinda wonderin how i hooked the sinker through the little eye hole though!!!, and i caught a bill dance crappie series reel, still works.

20. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    One of the guys I use to work with was fishing around Houston in the ocean, and caught a dead woman. He gave me a bit of advice, if you ever hook a dead body, CPR it, and let someone else catch it, he said it wasnt worth the trouble and time to report it........lol