Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be going to the weir on Friday if anyone is off and wants to do some fishing. I was just going to go down their and try to catch some bait but I thought why not throw a pole or two in.

· Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will more than likely go out around 10 am or so. As for anchoring the rods I just either lean them up on a big pice of drift wood or find some sticks that are shaped like a Y. Last Oct. I had a pole tip over the Y and head for the river. Luckly I was able to reach over and grabbed the rod. I was useing a circle hook and went I put pressure on it I felt him for breif time and he spit the hook.

· Registered
2,833 Posts
i use weather.com b/c i like the controls better. their sat. pics were took when all the emergency vehicles were down there when the dumb azz kyackers decided to go over the weir w/o life jackets. 2 died. the survivors said they didnt know the weir was there. here's an idea, check out the river before ya try traveling it.

· Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if im not in jail i'll grab my brother & we'll head out there. we're jonesin so bad we're bout to buy some live fish, put em in the bathtub and get t'fishin !!:tounge_out:
I have been laid off all week and going stir cray. For the past week I have done nothing but home work. I need to get out of the house even if it is only going to be 32 degrees. I am not expecting a whole lot on Friday but if I even get a hit I will be happy. PM tomorow and let me know if you think you will be able to make it. That is if your not in jail. lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.