Weir

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by goingfishin, Feb 20, 2008.

1. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    I might be going to the weir on Friday if anyone is off and wants to do some fishing. I was just going to go down their and try to catch some bait but I thought why not throw a pole or two in.

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    What time CJ ? Im off friday as well and have never fished out there. I would like to try to fish out there for a few hours.

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    CJ , how do you anchor your rods down out there?

4. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    I will more than likely go out around 10 am or so. As for anchoring the rods I just either lean them up on a big pice of drift wood or find some sticks that are shaped like a Y. Last Oct. I had a pole tip over the Y and head for the river. Luckly I was able to reach over and grabbed the rod. I was useing a circle hook and went I put pressure on it I felt him for breif time and he spit the hook.

5. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Where is Weir located?

6. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    You guys just holler if you need to borrow my snowshoes, lol.

I think they are talking about the weir in Topeka, which is kind of like the one below I-435.

7. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    CJ is talkin bout the weir in topeka. if you get on mapquest or weather.com and use the interactive map you can see it. the weir is purdy much at I 70 & Gage

8. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i use weather.com b/c i like the controls better. their sat. pics were took when all the emergency vehicles were down there when the dumb azz kyackers decided to go over the weir w/o life jackets. 2 died. the survivors said they didnt know the weir was there. here's an idea, check out the river before ya try traveling it.

9. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    to cold for me just seen the forecast burr and more burr

10. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Yeah I didnt think about that , I thought it was supposed to be nicer than that this weekend. I dont know CJ , looks like a gametime decision. Ill let you know tomorrow night one way or the other.

11. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Keep me posted on the next time you are going to head out.

12. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    if im not in jail i'll grab my brother & we'll head out there. we're jonesin so bad we're bout to buy some live fish, put em in the bathtub and get t'fishin !!:tounge_out:

13. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    I have been laid off all week and going stir cray. For the past week I have done nothing but home work. I need to get out of the house even if it is only going to be 32 degrees. I am not expecting a whole lot on Friday but if I even get a hit I will be happy. PM tomorow and let me know if you think you will be able to make it. That is if your not in jail. lol

14. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    cool, will do. <-- that was my message but it was too short so i have to type more

15. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    me, Lucky, and a friend of ours Pete will be down on the weir tonight if'n any one wants to come join us. i'll have a fire goin, you can bet on that.

16. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Cool, good luck. Let us know how it goes

17. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    JJ,i would've went but,I HAD TO WATCH KU SPANK K STATE!!!WOW WHATTA GAME!!!!!!

18. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    ok, well, y'all didnt miss a thing. it was good to be back out on the water though. we decided to go back in the mornin to maybe sneak up on em lol.