Weir on the Kansas River

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by 320hotrod, May 31, 2009.

1. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Hey guys, I asked this question on the Kansas side, but haven't heard anything yet, so I thought I'd hit you'all up too. I regularly fish the MO around Kansas City, and up into the Kansas some, but never as far up as the weir at the 435 bridge. I see it quite a bit while driving, and there's usually people there on weekends. It looks like a fine place to fish, and was finally going to try it tomorrow, but I would appreciate any information I can get about the area before I go, like depth or hazards or structure. Anything I can learn would be great. Thanks!

2. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It is probably not a good idea to go all the way to the dam right now. There is way too many hazards because the river is so low. Some of the guys that fish that river year in and year are even staying off the upper end of the Kaw right now. I have been up to the dam several times and I can tell you first hand it is not probably smart to head up there right now. I am sure someone that has fished the Kaw for many years will chime in and let you know the exact hazards, but if I was you I wouldn't go up to the dam until we get some rain and the Kaw rises 5 ft or so. Hope this helps.

3. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    That's what I'm gettin from the KS guys, too, so I'll prob stay lower today unless I get too bored. Thanks for the info!