Weights From China?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by MiseryMike, Jul 16, 2009.

1. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Ok I know when i first signed up i saw something about these weights but i cant find the thread. I went to Rogers sporting goods and they sell all types of weights from no rolls to bank sinkers, This is the Deal i bought 10 8oz bank sinkers for 10 bucks they were 9.99 for 5 pound bag do the math 10 8oz makes 5 pounds :smile2: anyways these have china printed on them, the "loose" weights they were sellin them for almost 2 bucks a pop for 8oz these were made in house or by joe blow. What is the differnce why are the china ones cheaper? Seeing that they are shipped from china to WA then to kc.

2. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    could have to do with the price of lead, maybe there is an over abundance of lead in china therefore the price will reflect that...... or it could be melted down cores to their nuclear reactors and they are selling tainted weights:smile2:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009

3. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    If they glow in the dark you are in trouble. At least you won't need glow sticks.:smile2:

Probably the cheap labor and all the lead they have.

4. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Over abundance of lead would be my guess. Since they got caught using lead based paint in toys shipped over here they had to find a new use for it. :smile2:

5. 1 4 Fishing

1 4 Fishing New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dirtdobber is right:smile2::smile2:

but it is probably cheaper lead

6. melvin7000

melvin7000 New Member

State:
    arkansas
    yeah they are having to find new ways to get rid of all the excess lead in china and since they got caught shipping it out in all the toys they decided on this...:smile2::smile2:

7. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Cheaper or possibly alloyed lead would be my guess too. Stay safe and TRY to stay out of trouble:smile2::smile2:

8. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Thats a good price. Hard to believe they can ship all the way over here for that and still make some kind of profit.

9. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I try my best not to support them.

10. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Everthing from china is cheap:smile2: It's like buying from wally world only it's sold direct to you lmao

11. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    8oz in Chinese converts to -3oz American...you done bought yourself some bobbers, Mike! At least you can brag that you had your gear specially imported from overseas.

12. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    saving money is the best way to support you, i always go with the least expensive if the same quality

13. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    China doesn't have care in the world for enviromental impacts. U.S. enviromental regulations are strict on lead. Any commercial manufacturer of even sinkers would be subject a long list of laws regarding exsposure, removal and handling of wastes, and records keeping. It amounts to a pretty high dollar amount for a bussiness and it surely has an impact on what we pay.