Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was bored so i got out the scale, removed the reels from the rods and weighed them to see how close they all were are in weight.

ACCORDING TO MY SCALE

All of these rods are 7.6ft (Casting) Rods !

Rippin Lips (M/H) Rod:
11.34oz

TWC Whisker Whip (M) Rod:
12.38oz

TWC Extreme (M/H) Rod:
13.12oz

Shattered Cat (H) Rod:
13.34oz

·
Registered
913 Posts
I get 10% off rippin lips store, but to be honest i just hate that split grip! I might just bite the bullet and go for twc whisker whips, just hate the thought of having to baby a $100 rod when im used to tossing my cat rods around.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I don't like the split grip either. Have one and going to wrap the center. Found a Abu G 4500 C3 at a pond shop so I ordered a Bass Pro Graphite Muskie MH 7 ft. $39.97.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im right opposite fellows I like the split grip...

The thought of doing a para-cord wrap on one of mine is kinda appealing too though, i love a project, and it would kinda personalize it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Im right opposite fellows I like the split grip...

The thought of doing a para-cord wrap on one of mine is kinda appealing too though, i love a project, and it would kinda personalize it.

It really doesn't have anything to do with visual appeal, more so that they want to roll in my rod holders when fishing slack water. Well, I guess I dont know if the rippin lips would or not, as I dont own any... but my other split grip rods do.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It really doesn't have anything to do with visual appeal, more so that they want to roll in my rod holders when fishing slack water. Well, I guess I dont know if the rippin lips would or not, as I dont own any... but my other split grip rods do.
I guess it could depend on the particular rod holder, they are for certain a bargain, maybe if you have someone that you know that has a RL Rod you could see how it fits in your Holder.

Even if you don't plan to buy one it would be nice to know in case any one ever posts saying they have that same holder and are wondering how a RL Rod would fit it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.