Weighed your boat?

Discussion in 'Boating' started by tntitans21399, Dec 20, 2007.

1. tntitans21399

tntitans21399 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Has anyone ever weighted their boat before to see how much it actually weighed. I guess for that useless knowledge? I was just curious on how much my boat weighted because I think it was more then most. If you have ever weighted your boat, how did you do it?

I was thinking about going done to the scrap yard and weighting the truck alone and then with the boat & trailer and just guess what the trailer weighted to get the boat weight.

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Never have weighed mine but rest assured if ya fish with Johnny on it you'll be adding hundreds of pounds with all the "stuff" he carries:tounge_out::surrender: But you can weigh your boat and truck at the nearest truck-stop they got scales, might cost a buck or two though:wink:

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Or go to a truck stop where they weigh semi's.

4. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    Those truck stop scales won't weigh anything that light, your best bet is a scrap yard where they weigh small trucks and cars. Here in Ohio in order to get license plates for a trailer you have to weigh it by itself so it would be easy to weigh your boat by just weighing both then subtract the trailer weight.

5. mverick

mverick New Member

State:
    il
    If you have a landscape supply around. A lot of those weigh trucks unloaded and loaded to charge for materials. They're pretty accurate.

6. AlaCatter

AlaCatter New Member

State:
    alabama
    I think the dealer said my 2070 triton with a 115 optimax weighed 1,800 lbs. Boat wght only, I may be wrong though.

7. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    If you go to the scrap yard, just unhook the trailer and leave it on the scale and drive your truck off to get the weight. Saves you from making 2 trips to weigh your truck separate.

P.S. Most boat trailers will weigh somewhere between 20% and 25% of the weight they are rated to carry. For example If your trailer is rated for #2000 it should weigh around #500