Weekend San V fishing trip

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by bluehunter, Feb 26, 2007.

1. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Went fishing to San Vicente in anticipation of a fat blue. The blues have been elusive at San V the last month but Hey someone has to break the ice! I meet up with a buddy (Lowe) in the morning and went out on his boat. The plan was to target the channels and bluegill for the morning hours and then switch to the blues during the evening hours. We went to Kimball arm at first to look for channels but they were not there. Later we went to another spot around a point and sat. I put out a bluegill rod with a nightcrawler and soon pulled up a fat gill big as my hand. Lowe later pulled up a yellow bullhead at about a pound one of the biggest ones I seen. After a while decided to move to a few other locations with no luck so we went back to the guaranteed channel spot at the point and sat out until the eve time at 12:45. Lowe pulled up a nice 7.14 ounce channel cat on cut bonito. I had a run that came unbuttoned but did manage to pull up another fat gill at hand size. We than decided to target the blues and hopefully some more fat gills. Got to the spot and sat. The gills kept things interesting at the spot as I pulled up another nice gill. Lowe pulled up a fat red ear at about a pound. We got a few more small gills.

The cats were elusive for us today as I missed a good run and lowe did also. Still had fun and whenever you get into some nice pan fry of gills its a good trip. Will be back out there soon and hopefully get into some trophy blues and some more good eating panfish.

Good fishing with you Lowe!

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21791&d=1172456791

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21792&d=1172456791

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21793&d=1172456791

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Brian, those are some nice fishes.

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Brian - Great report and pics! Those are some hog Bluegills! Thanks for posting!:cool2:

4. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Brian glad to see you posting again. I never tasted bluegill, I heard they are good eating though.

Jaime

5. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Brian, congrats to you and Lowe on the nice cat and bluegills. I was hoping to make it out to San Vee before it is closed. Guess I better hurry.

6. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    My son Trout and I think those are some great fish

Dru

7. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Thanks fellas. The gills were caught on crawlers. I kind of wish we had some crickets we may have got into some more fat gills.

8. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Nice my man...heat up the oil.

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Brian I love fishing with crickets.