Weekend results

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by loanwizard, Apr 13, 2008.

1. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Netman and I left the dealership at approx 6:30 pm and got gas and groceries. We headed out to Salt Fork regardless of storm forecasts. We spotted a member of the BOC's truck (Chris... I can't remember his last name) who had a guide trip on the way. He was in our... er... Jim's.... er.... th most well known spot it seems (they ought to just pave it) lol!

Anyhow we had a few chubs that Jack had caught and not a lot of twilight left. We castnetted for some sparse shad, and caught a few, very few gill, but finally had enough to last the night.

We went to a nice location and nosed into the wind.... except it kept switching from due south to southwest to west back to south. It was a challenge. Chris later said (they had put their boat ashore) that they couldn't even hear their clickers. We finally decided to find a spot out of the wind. We found a place out of the wind and set up for the night. Approx 2am Jack awoke and landed an 11lb Flathead. We also had a couple of turtle triangles place in our baits.

I awoke at 5 am.... ok got up about 5:45 and got out the grill and fixed us up some ham and eggs.

Sometime later we decided to vacate the lake and spend the day on the river.

We went looking for bait and had some difficulty (had to get a jump). Bait fish was hard to find 1 4lb carp and some small baits. We loaded up and headed for the dealership to get batteries recharged. Left there and went out on 16 and crowded out some crappy fishermen at Rollo's hole. Bait likes him better than us.

We got to the Dresden ramp as Rollo was coming in. He was gonna follow us but had engine trouble. We fished out of current area and caught 5 channels the largest being 8lb 4 oz (caught by Jack)

Had fun but we will have better luck next time. We declined staying out the 2nd night because of the weather.

2. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Well at least you gave it the good try ..Congrats on staying out all night ..me and Jason contemplated about going out but we figured it would be more fun to hear about your fishing trips then to chance a wet night of no bites LOL

3. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Thank's for the report Shawn. Good to see you and Jack had some luck. The weather is supposed to be seasonable and stable next week. I hope to get on the river next week for my first flathead outing.:big_smile:

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    A poor trip is better than no trip at all, specially if ya got somebody cookin ham an eggs.:big_smile:

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We had a good time despite the numerous obstacles we encountered. One of the worse things was the absents of toast for breakfast, but I survived. Next trip I reckon it'll be my turn to burn the eggs! lol:eek:oooh::crazy::smile2::wink:

6. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    The weather sure hasnt cooperated this spring but it is good to hear ya'll got out for a while and at least got a few :big_smile:

7. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    congrats on getting out and at least fishing lol, i have a few times off the dock is all, if temps are nice next weekend i have all my work caught up so i will be out as long as its 1/2 warm, rain i dont mind but i dont like cold n rain lol

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the weather was an obstacle yesterday for myself. I found out first hand how much I appreciate an anchor man! lol...in the wind in highwater, I simply couldn't fish some areas I would have liked due to the dangers by myself. glad you guys had a good weekend, sorry about the bait situation/ was looking forward to sitting along and b/sing some with you. good news is the motor is fine now.....rollo

9. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the info sounds like you all had a fun time

10. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio

Hey Bro ... I know the feeling about fishing from a boat alone ... I logged in 131 trips last year .... all by myself ... suprising how after a while you learn how to handle the boat and achors by yourself ... sometimes "ain't" easy ... but it can be done .... the worst part is when you get both anchors hung up ... then the fun begins ...... Garry- ... :eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

11. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio

Garry, how much fun could it be cutting a rope? lol:roll_eyes:

12. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Never had to cut one .... was always able to get them loose ... it sometimes took a while ... but I did it .... I don't like leaving money on the bottom of the river ........ :eek:oooh::eek:oooh: Garry-

13. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I actually like fishing by myself for the reason Im in control of the noises created and the outcome, i just couldn't yesterday with the river the way it is... let it drop some more and you won't hear me complain anymore....rollo

14. crtr03

crtr03 New Member

State:
    columbus, ohio
    Hey that sounds like a good start to the year to me. I havent been able to get out at all so far

15. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    Shawn, you never said you were gonna cook breakfast, I'd have showed up just to see you burning the eggs! Glad ya'll had a good time.

Oh, and welcome to the BOC Roy, you are gonna love it, these guys are awesome!

16. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    ANge, Shawn was a chef in a past life. He don't burn or overcook anything. Last fall he served up the best burgers I ever ate durring a snow/sleet squall while fishing in the middle of the Muskingum lol.

17. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Thanks for the kudos, but my wife is the cook. I just carry a grill with a busted handle with me. I cook everything too fast, love lowrys seasoning salt and cause 5 alarm... well at least the fire department keeps an eye out if I am in their area. :wink: