Weekend of Live Bait VS Stink Bait

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by daystarchis, Jul 27, 2009.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    We had a Part 2 of our Mendota Gathering here in Central Califorina. Bunch of us guys braved the 100 degree heat for 3 days and 2 nights of fishing. Caught over 20. Best prepared bait went to Sonny's. It beat Secret seven 3-1:wink: Prpared baits consited on Danny Kings, Premo, Charlies Blood, Secret 7. Had a few other cant remember the names.
    Hot bait as usual was live bait caught there (crawdads). Minnows and clams took a close 2nd. Fished Chovies, mack, Bonita chunks and a cut gill with no worth while results. Pictures are of 2 male channels caught on live crawdads.
    Link to the thread:wink:
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1561771#post1561771

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  2. morivercatfisher

morivercatfisher New Member

State:
    missouri
    sonnys is tha bomb:cool2:

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    sonnys is some good stuff,as far as prepared baits go i dont use anything but sonnys and secret 7 anymore. crawdads are a killer bait ill fish with them anytime i can get my hands on them babys,well the soft ones anyway.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats a nice Channel.

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    As far as Stinkbaits, Sonny's has been the best producer around this area to. Caught some great Channels in the 2-13# range on this stuff. Stays on the rigs good to!! Thanks for the pics and the story of your success. Nice cats!! COOL! WTG!

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    The bigger cats liked the crawdads and live minnows the best. Sonnys got hits the whole time I used it at the gathering.

7. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Robb stink bait is a good choice of bait ..In till it warm's up to much here in central cali and the water get's past a certain temp, I find once it has been over 105 degree's for a couple day's and the water is like warm bath water the kitty's prefer live bait instead of stink or punch bait ..But i still use in just in case :wink: There is a kitty that's really hungry and want's a snack.

8. scrappy

scrappy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nice cats.Ive had days were dinks were hitting on sonnys and nothen much liked my crawdads.What i did was run a hook from the tail all the way threw the crawdad and then dunk it in sonnys.Would get cats from 3 to 10 pounds on em,these were fair size dadys and it kept the dinks away long enough for the bigger fish to bite.Hmm maybe i sould try a volley ball dunked in sonnys.

9. buddyodie

buddyodie New Member

State:
    illinois
    Nice fish Robb! My wife Lisa and I spent most of the day both Sat.& Sun. on The Illinois river. The temp. was in the lower 80's so not to bad out there. We definately are getting more bites on the stinky stuff right now than any thing else. we brought home 17 from 2 lbs to 9 lbs being the biggest, of course Lisa had to catch the 9. We were using Sonnys, Secret Seven & Wicked Sticky. All of the bigger fish were caught on the Wicked Sticky using 4/0 Gama octopus circle with a 1 inch hunk of sponge on it. Don't have much luck with the dip worms & trebles.

10. twisted

twisted New Member

clams ? how do you get them ? fresh or frozen ?

11. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    thakns for the pics ands the report Rob, sounds like a good time! I would love to go to a gathering someday that would be neat!

12. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I would recommend a gathering to you Steve. They are a blast!