Weekend in SE Ohio

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by HRCats, Jul 31, 2006.

1. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Floated and fished 2 rivers here this past weekend. The Hocking on Saturday with my wife and the Scioto on Sunday with my son. Did 12 miles on the Hocking, spent the night and did some fishing. Wasn't a very productive night, ended up with a channel that might've weighed a lb and a flattie that went 5 lbs. We got home around noon on Sunday. My son said he wanted to float a river so we decided to try the Scioto. Headed to wallyworld to get a castnet for catching bait. Got on the river around 5 pm, floated for a couple hours and decided to start trying to catch some bait. Having never thrown a castnet before wasn't too sure we'd get enough bait for the night. I ended up with 5 shad, a 12" sauger and an 18" gar and that was the extent of using the net. While i was doing this my son was fishing with a roostertail and catching whitebass. I'm glad he was doing that cause that was the biggest part of our bait for the night. My son ended up catching the big fish for this trip with a 26" channel. We caught a total of 6 channels Sunday night, lots of run and drops and 1 worn out dad. Got a pic of son with the channel but its too big. I can resize it but i would either cut off sons head or 3/4 of the cat. Anyone willing to help me send me a pm would love to see the pic on here.

2. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I just sent you a pm with my email, i can resize it and email it back to you. :smile2:

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great report Roger, I wish my son would still fish....We will get out soon!

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here is Rogers son with a nice channel cat!

Attached Files:

5. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the help on that Jack!!!

6. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    A 5# Flattie, man. That about 10 times bigger than my biggest Flathead.:lol:
    Sounds like you had fun.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish brother, sounds like yall had a great time.

Glad you found the boat ramp, it is pretty easy to find.

8. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Sounds like a blast, I've always wanted to try float fishing! I bet it's incedibly fun and relaxing.

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on the fish!