Weekend in Florida

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by richard dunbar, Aug 20, 2008.

1. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    I went down to Florida with my oldest son to visit my dad. It went well and we went fishing 2 out of the 3 days. The 1st day we went out to the Gulf on his boat to a manmade reef. My son cuaght a couple snappers and I caught a few snapper and a Spanish Mackeral. My Spanish got cut in half by a barracuda. I was pretty upset about that but thats how it goes sometimes. The gulf got pretty rough so we headed in and fished a bridge that was pretty good fishing. We caught some more snapper at the bridge and my son Jesse caught a 3 lb Jack creval. We went to the beach the next day and just hung around for awhile and I collected some shells for my wife. On the 3rd day we went fishing at a pier where we caught more snapper and tried but failed to hook some snook. We left Monday just in front of the tropical storm and made it home in about 7 hours. Great weekend but very busy.

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I went fishing in Missouri today :roll_eyes:. Didn't catch jack. :sad2: It's cool that ya went fishing and had a good time with your dad. :cool2:

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Richard glad thing's went well between you and your dad ,Maybe there will be more fishing and catching up for the family in the near future.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like you got some real nice fishing in, congrats

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Sounds like a good time Rich! Glad to see that you all made it back safely!